𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘜𝘱 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘢𝘴𝘵

New Years came around with many many bottles of Firewhiskey and shared kisses when the clock struck twelve.

Juliet worked together with Fred to shove Harry and Ginny together just before the countdown. And with plenty of drinks, the two shared a plentiful smooch on the lips.

It was a fun night. A peaceful night for the Lupins, Potter-Blacks, and Weasleys.

They hoped and prayed for a peaceful year.

They were so wrong.

~~

The day before the younger ones were set to be sent back to Hogwarts, Juliet asked for her parents, Regulus, and Sirius to speak with her privately in the dining room.

She had to tell them one way or another. They deserved to know that the man who murdered James and Lily was dead.

The four Marauders gathered in the dining room, very confused.

"Ay, Reg, ten sickles says she's pregnant." Sirius whispered to Regulus beside him. Remus smacked Sirius in the back of the head with a glare. "Ay! Honest guess. Why else would she call us in here?"

"Just because she's my daughter, don't automatically assume she's pregnant. Maybe she'll be smart and wait until she's older. At least twenty one." Edith said, crossing her arms.

As if she'd been summoned, Juliet walked through the doors. She shut them behind her and casted a strong muffliato over the wood. "I'm not pregnant, thank you very much." She glared at her uncle, who chuckled.

"What did you call us in here for, then? I have to keep an eye on Harry and Ginny. He's been giving her 'Jamie eyes' as Lily called them." Regulus said. It was true, Harry had been following after Ginny like a lovesick puppy.

Juliet sighed and shuffled through her pocket, pulling out a familiar object and placing it on the table. It was the same thing she'd shown the Twins two weeks ago.

Peter's friendship bracelet.

Edith stared at it, leaning closer to get a clear look. She remembered it all too well. She'd made it, after all.

"How.. how did you.." Edith stuttered, Remus reaching a hand out to her thigh.

"He's dead. Dead and gone." Juliet stated, her eyes never meeting her parents. "Two days before Christmas Eve. Kai, a wolf from Greyback's pack who is loyal to me, helped me track him down. We caught him off guard in the middle of the night."

They all stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Kai killed him... or Rome?" Remus looked up to her, his hand staying on Edith's thigh as she reached out for the bracelet. It smelled thickly of blood. But it looked clean, as if she had attempted to use a cleansing charm on it.

Juliet's eyes darkened a tad as she looked back up to her parents. "Neither." She placed her hands on the table. "I did. All me. Neither Rome nor Kai had any part in it. I planned it, I executed it. He begged, pleaded. He didn't even last the hour."

Peter Pettigrew. Their childhood friend. The boy who turned into an animagus to make sure his werewolf friend wasn't alone on full moons. Who baked cookies with a phoenix. Who was the godfather of the phoenix and the werewolf's daughter.

Peter Pettigrew. The man who killed James. Who killed Lily. Who condemned Harry to a childhood of lovelessness. Who worked with the Dark Lord that put Edith in a lab for ten years of eternal torture.

Regulus made no comment. He didn't know Peter as long as the others did. Truthfully, even back then, he never trusted the rat. In his mind... It was good riddance.