𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘤𝘬

On the afternoon of Buckbeak's execution, Edith wanted to be with Hagrid to comfort him over the loss of his friend. But he refused saying it wouldn't be good for her to witness that.

Instead, the Lupin family plus Crookshanks took a walk around the Willow. Edith couldn't have stayed in the castle. Plus, both Juliet and Remus needed to walk. The moon was tonight so they were sore. Sometimes it was a bit better to walk around than to stay cooped up in their rooms. Regulus decided to tag along as Hermione had finally let him out of her sight for the first time in a week.

They were just peacefully walking when they heard the distant yellings of a certain Weasley. Juliet and Remus were the first to hear it as their hearing was heightened with how close to the moon they were.

Edith noticed their expressions changing. "What's wrong with you two?"

"Ron. Screaming..." Juliet muttered, turning her head around to the direction of the sound.

Remus nodded. "I hear branches too. The willow?"

She upturned her nose, taking in a deep breath. "Dirty dog fur. Fuck. Sirius!" Juliet yelled, darting off in the direction of the Whomping Willow.

"Juliet!" Edith yelled for her. "Damn lass, always running off into danger. Crooks, go after her! You'll be much faster than us." Edith looked down to Crookshanks, who nodded and darted off after her.

"I knew he was getting reckless. He's fed up with hiding." Remus and Edith quickly made their way to the direction of the Willow, but they were far slower as Edith couldn't exactly run fast at six months pregnant.

~~

When Juliet arrives, she runs up the stairs. She could distantly hear the clatter of legs and the sound of Sirius' voice as he laughed. "Are you going to kill me, Harry?"

Juliet burst through the door, pointing her wand at Harry. "Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand flew across the room, out of reach. Harry quickly turned his head to Juliet, she just motioned for him to move, which he did.

"Looking rather ragged, aren't you, Padfoot?" Juliet grinned as she stepped forward to Sirius, her wand still pointed at him.

"Always. You refused me new clothes, petit feu." Sirius raised an eyebrow.

Juliet's grin turned to a smile as she lowered her wand, reaching her other hand out to help Sirius up. Perks of being a wolf-phoenix hybrid. Immense strength. Crookshanks had entered the room, standing at Juliet and Sirius' feet.

Remus and Edith bursted through the doors next. "Damn stairs!" Edith exclaimed. She looked around the room to her daughter, Sirius, and three teenagers. "Oh no.."

"Mon Feu!" Sirius said excitedly. "I found him! Let's kill him!"

"No!" Hermione shouted. She went to stand in front of Harry, but he put his arm out.

"I...I trusted you. Edith, Remus, Juliet. And all this time.. You've been his friend?!" Harry yelled at them. Both Juliet and Edith's hearts absolutely shattered to see the look of betrayal on Harry's face.

"Their werewolves!" Hermione shouted once more, quickly gathering Harry's attention. "That's why they miss classes. Juliet and Remus. Their werewolves."

Juliet's hands bunched into fists as Edith came to her side. Remus took a step to Hermione with a brow raised. "How long have you known?"

"Since the essay Professor Snape gave us." She responded, holding her ground.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age, Mione. Though I'm the brightest of mine." Juliet's eyes connected with Hermione's for a brief second, both in slight anger.