𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴?!

This loud noise woke up Severus. He quickly sprang into action, standing beside Edith even if he was wandless. He may have despised them, but Edith was important to him once. And he'd never harm an unborn child.

Just before either werewolf could attack, the cat and dog came out from over the hill and pounced on them.

Padfoot went after Moon and Crookshanks took Rome as she was smaller.

Moony and Rome quickly regained their footing. The dog growled at them to gather their attention. Once successful, he and Crookshanks darted into the woods. Both of the wolves ran after.

"Sirius! Dad!" Harry yelled, breaking away from the group and running after them.

"Harry don't!" Edith almost went after him too, but Severus grabbed her arm.

"Don't put your child at risk, Edith." He warned, pulling her back.

Harry saw the wolves push Crookshanks and Padfoot off, throwing them against trees. He panicked, picking up two rocks and tossing them at the wolves, hitting them in the back of the head to catch their attention.

The wolves turned, both taking a few steps forward to Harry until they stilled.

In the distance, they heard a series of howls. Werewolves only respond to the howl of their own kind. Both wolves ran off into the forest without a second thought.

Regulus had passed out from the impact, transforming back to himself. But once Sirius transformed he tried to run after Remus.

Everything that happened next was a blur. The next thing Juliet knew, she was laying in a hospital bed.

The only ones around her that she could smell were the trio, the twins, her mother, and Crookshanks. She slowly sat up, wincing at the sharp pain that lined her abdomen.

"Take it easy, love." Edith said, reaching out to help her. But Juliet flinched, leaning away from her mother.

"Don't... don't touch me.." Juliet shuffled the farthest away she could from her mother and anyone else standing around her bed. "What happened..?"

"Padfoot is gone. Peter escaped. Buckbeak's safe too." Harry answered. He had to use the codename Padfoot as he couldn't say Sirius aloud.

The twins came to the side of her bed, and she flinched away from them too. "Letty? What's wrong?"

Crookshanks jumped up on the bed, making Juliet recoil further by pulling her legs to her chest. "I can still.. feel it.. what it felt like to want to.. kill." Her arms wrapped around her knees.

"That wasn't you, Jules. It was the wolf." Hermione spoke up.

"But it was me. I was awake the whole damn time. I wanted.. I wanted to kill you. All of you. I threw Crooks into a tree..!" She started to panic. George noticed this. And despite her request to not be touched, sat on the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around her. She tried to wiggle out of his grip but it was no use.

"It's not your fault, love. Remember what i told you about how the boys found out about me being a Phoenix? I never blamed Remus. Still don't. You can't control the wolf's instincts. Plus, look at Crooks. Dumb cat is perfectly fine." Edith gestured to Crookshanks, who seemed to glare at her.

"Where's Pa? Is he okay?" Juliet asked, her arms wrapping around Georges as he held her close, setting his head on top of hers.

"He's fine. How about we all go see him, yeah?" Edith said, looking around at the group.

"I'll stay here with Ron." Hermione said. "Happy to see you awake, Jules." She smiled softly at Juliet before walking over to Ron's bed.

They each stood, both of the twins going to either side of Juliet to help her. Crookshanks hopped off the bed, scampering up to Harry's leg and following close.