5. 𝑱𝒖𝒎𝒑 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘.

Chapter 5~ Jump out of the window.

𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝟑𝙧𝙙

"God this is so fucked." Arwen slumped down on the bed, "who does he think he is. And Dustin too? They're being a bunch of assholes today."

"Jump out of the window." Max suddenly said causing Arwens mouth to open in shock, "excuse you?" She stared at Max with folded arms, "oh- Jesus no not in that way, I mean have you checked the window to see if we could climb out of it?" She asked, Arwen got up and went to open the window, "sure you meant it like that." She rolled her eyes, "and yeah- It's locked too." Max sighed and got into bed, wrapping herself up in the covers, "what are you doing?"

"Getting into bed? It's dark anyway and he's clearly not going to let us out." Arwen huffed and joined her in bed, facing the other way with enough distance between them, silence filled the room for at least twenty minutes and it was obvious neither of them had fallen asleep yet, "what were you gonna tell me last night?" Max asked breaking the silence.

Arwen stayed facing away from her, "it doesn't matter, you don't know what I'm talking about anyway right?"

"Arwen-" She finally turned around to face her, she could see she was upset but would never admit it, "when you were at Robins last night did you have any nightmares?"

"Not really bad ones..." she thought for a second, "I find it hard sleeping without you."

"Then don't." Max pulled Arwen into her chest and wrapped her arms around her tightly.

Flashback October 30th 1984

"Move out the way Dustin!" Lucas pushed him out of the way to get a better view of the red haired girl skating in the schoolyard, "what are you freaks doing?" Arwen walked over to them with her arms crossed then looked over to Max, "ohh the new girl, Madmax?"

"It has to be her." Dustin stated, "but girls don't play video games." Will said earning a glare from Arwen, "oh yeah? And what do I look like? Because I play better than all of you and clearly, she does too."

"Woah, woah look!" Lucas and Dustin shoved each other and pointed towards the trash can that she just threw something into, "please tell me you aren't going to look through that." Arwen said but they had already ran over to it, she rolled her eyes and walked after them but headed up the stairs to go inside instead, "hey where are you going? This is important!" Dustin threw his arms up, "away from you weirdos." She laughed and went back inside to see Max putting her skateboard in her locker.

"Hey, Max right?" Arwen asked and Max closed her locker to look Arwen up and down. "Yeah. Are you with the stalkers?"

"Uh well they're my best friends but I wouldn't class myself as a stalker, they don't mean any harm they're just socially awkward." Arwen laughed, "mhm, you skate?" Max pointed to Arwens skateboard, "yeah since I was about five actually."

"Me too, is there any good skate parks here?"

"Not really, I usually just skate on my road, I live on Cherry Lane." Max's eyes widened and Arwen could have sworn a little smile even appeared on her face, "I live there too, 4819."

"I'm 4810." She smiled, "have you always lived there? I've been here for a week and I already can't stand it."

"Uh no actually, I moved from California when I was four."

"Oh my god really?!" She smiled, Arwen nodded her head, "looks like we now have three things in common maybe we should consider even being friends." Arwen smirked, "mhm we'll see." Max smirked back and walked off.