37. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕

Chapter 37~ The Nina Project.
Yay 1k reads 🥳

Arwen could feel her heart pounding against the wall that she was sat against in the kitchen, the clock on the wall was ticking louder and louder and she swore she could hear heavy breathing and footsteps surrounding her, she suddenly jumped at the floor creaking, "whoa- hey it's just me!" Nancy put her hands out, "sorry if I scared you."

"It's okay." Arwen panted, "what are you doing up here Wen?" Nancy crouched down, placing her hand on Arwen's knee, "I can't sleep..."
"I can't imagine what it must have felt like seeing Max like that-" Nancy looked her in the eyes, "can we talk about something else please?"
"Okay." She smiled, "what about-"

"Can you just talk?" She whispered looking down, "okay well- oh! Did you know that Robin took longer to walk then other toddlers so she does this really cut- funny run." She laughed, making Arwen crack a small smile, "Robin actually keeps telling me to get a job at family videos but I don't know- I feel like it's not really my thing plus the uniform they have to wear would not suit me, I swear Robin manages to make any work uniform look good- I mean the scoops ahoy uniform even. I just- I need a new job that actually pays and it's obviously not going to be at the Hawkins post." Nancy rambled on and Arwen noticed a reoccurring theme, "could you talk a bit about Robin?" Arwen said sarcastically making Nancy scrunch up her face awkwardly, "sorry. She's just really been there for me after the break up with Jonathon."

"It's okay I was only joking Nance, where is she now anyway?" Arwen asked, "oh she's sleeping upstairs."

"In your bed?" She nodded her head making Arwen grin, "uh huh." She smirked, "what?" Nancy said, completely oblivious.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Max!" Arwen shot up from the couch the next morning, breathing heavily, "whoa- hey." Nancy sat up as Arwen frantically looked around at the group with Max nowhere to be seen, "whe-" she cried, "it's okay- it's okay, she's upstairs." Nancy quickly came to her side, Arwen placed her head in her hands letting the tears rolls down her cheeks, "you had a nightmare about her?" She whispered, trying not to wake the boys up, Arwen just nodded her head, "come on, let's get you some breakfast." They walked upstairs together and Arwen laid her eyes on Max who was sat at the table colouring, "morning, guys." Karen greeted Arwen and Nancy catching Max's attention, she smiled at her then turned back around, "breakfast?" Karen held up the pan, "no thanks I'm not really- hungry." Arwen looked down, "you haven't eaten since yesterday morning Wen." Nancy whispered to her but she walked over to Max.

"Hey." Max removed her headphones, "hey. Can we talk about what you said last night?" She pursed her lips awkwardly, "which part?"
"The part where...you told me you didn't want to be here anymore." Arwen could feel herself trying not to cry, "oh yeah. Listen, I don't feel that way anymore."

"How do I know that's true Max? You didn't tell me you felt like that the first time." A tear escaped Arwen's eye, "no more lies, I just couldn't tell you- I couldn't stand the thought of you looking at me differently..." Max admitted, "nothing you do could make me look at you differently, I'm so sorry you felt like this- like you had to hide it from me."

"And now I'm just- so sorry for what I said...I never meant it-"
"I know Max." Arwen cut her off and grabbed her hand, "hey, look at me." She said gently as Max looked up, "I love you Max and I'm sorry-" Arwen was now cut off by Max crashing her lips into hers, Holly's eyes widened as she saw them, making everyone else laugh, well, apart from Ted, "I love you too. I want you to be my girlfriend again."

"What do you mean again? I never agreed to us breaking up." Arwen grinned, "wouldn't that technically mean you cheated on me with Luca-"
"Yeah let's not talk about that." She furrowed her eyebrows, "god we've made some shitty mistakes."
"Yeah we have." They both laughed through tears.