6. 𝑶𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕.

Chapter 6~ Opening of starcourt.

𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝟒𝙩𝙝

"Morning!" Mikes voice rang through the room like nails on a chalkboard, Arwen and Max shuffled about then looked over to the door where Mike was grinning, "breakfast is downstairs." He said before running off, knowing Arwen and Max would most likely follow through with running him over with their skateboards. Flashes of the night before came back to Arwen, how did she end up falling asleep in her arms? She wanted to stay mad for at least a bit longer but on the other hand maybe Max forgot.

"Mike you are the biggest asshole I have ever met!" Arwen shouted half way down the stairs,
"what the fuck and you guys, why the hell did you let this happen?" She glared at all of them.

"You just wait Mike." Max folded her arms.

"Okay we get that you're mad but you two needed to sort it out." Dustin added.

"Exactly and see it obviously worked, you're plotting to kill me together." Mike said.

"No actually it didn't work shit face." Max hissed, Arwen didn't know wether to feel upset or relieved that Max had forgotten about last night. "El you could have let us out, you don't even need a key."

"Mike said not to." El muttered with half an eggo  in her mouth, "Arwen has powers, she easily could've used them." Mike stated, "you know I don't like using them in small spaces asshole."

"That must have slipped my mind." He said sarcastically.

Nancy walked through the front door causing everyone's heads to turn towards her, "Nancy did you not know that Mike locked us in the guest bedroom all night?" Arwen said. 

"What?! No of course not, I was at Jonathon's, Mike what the hell is wrong with you?"

"They were fighting so I thought they would make up if they were in a room together?"

"You can't just lock people in bedrooms, that's technically kidnapping." Nancy folded her arms, Arwen smirked, "yeah Mike that's kidnapping and I don't know, maybe I'm feeling like getting you a criminal record today."

"I would like to see him in handcuffs." Will smirked and everyone turned around with their mouths agape, "what?!" They said simultaneously, "dirty little child." Arwen laughed, "what does that mean?" El asked innocently, "well it means-" Mike quickly interrupted Arwen, "do not corrupt her."

"Okay guys, we need to have the most awesome day because I'm leaving for camp at six so I expect to be worshipped all day." Dustin said, "let's stop the chat and go then." Lucas replied, "and don't think we've forgotten Mike." Arwen and Max stared at him.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

The day had finally come, the new mall in Hawkins was finally opening. This was an unexpected thing for the small town but the party were happy they had somewhere new to hang out. The group made their way to the other side of the town to the mall, there was a big ribbon of course, the mayor was there and loads of people gathered around. "I can't believe you're leaving on the opening day of Starcourt mall, this is a big deal!" Will said to Dustin, "well I can enjoy it for a few hours at least."

"Yeah before you're off to camp nerd." Arwen teased, "It's called camp know where asshat."

"Bite me." Arwen replied, "bite me." Dustin mimicked earning a glare from Arwen, "stop bickering, they're about to cut the ribbon." Mike said.

"Thank you all for coming to the opening of starcourt mall, this is a very big deal for Hawkins. We never thought we would be able to build this mall but here we are standing right in front of it. So without further ado. "The Major stood in front of the ribbon and grabbed the pair of scissors off his assistant, "Starcourt mall is now open." He cut the ribbon, everyone cheered and clapped as they opened the doors for everyone.

"This is so awesome!" Max beamed, Arwen couldn't help but smile at how excited she looked.

"Hey Steve and Robin are over there." Mike said pointing over at them, "shouldn't they be at work?"

"Bad." El nodded her head which they all found amusing.

"Hey why aren't you guys at work?" The party walked over to them, "oh we quit that shit hole this morning." Robin laughed, "yeah we got a job here instead at scoops ahoy." Steve added, "which we should be getting to now, are you guys staying at Mikes tonight? I could give you all a lift, me and Robin are picking up Nancy."

"Yeah we are." Arwen answered, "okay meet us at scoops ahoy, five o'clock and don't be late you little shit heads."

"Bye children." Robin said as they ran into the mall, the party followed behind instantly amazed at the mall, it was amazing. There were bright lights everywhere, so many shops they had never seen and a massive food court.

"Woah there's a fountain." Lucas ran over to it like a little kid, "that's what you're amazed by?" Max mocked.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

After a few hours of looking around it was already five o'clock so they headed to scoops, unfortunately none of them did any shopping because they didn't have jobs and weren't planning on getting one this summer or, you know the summer after.

"That's one more dingus." Robin was writing on a chalkboard behind the counter as the group walked in and two unimpressed girls were walking out.

"There is absolutely no way!" Arwen pointed to Steve's uniform, "holy shit." Dustin burst out laughing then everyone else did, "I am never going to let you live this down." Max added, Steve rolled his eyes as they all laughed for at least a minute, "yeah yeah laugh it up assholes at least I'm getting paid."

"I would rather be paid to shit in my hands and clap then have to wear that." Mike laughed, "okay why aren't you all laughing at Robin too she's wearing exactly the same thing."

"Yeah but Robin looks hot in it." Arwen's eyes quickly widened realising what she had just said, "I mean- actually no she does." Robin gave her a wink, "true." Max said quieter than Arwen had only catching the attention of Will, "I don't know, those shorts are really working for you Steve." Will jokingly smirked, looking behind the counter, "you are not one to talk about shorts Will." El laughed, "what have to done to El why does she sound like Max and Arwen?" Steve said.