24. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓.

Chapter 24~ You saved her.

"She's not gone, she's not." Max hysterically sobbed, "Arwen." She whispered, "Arwen! She's still here. Arwen! Wake up!" She fell to the floor into El and Robin's arms whilst Nancy and Steve couldn't seem to let go of her.

Just like that she was gone.

Arwen's heart stopped beating but Max felt like she was the one that died, she couldn't breathe without her.

Everyone said their final goodbyes before Steve picked her lifeless body up, everyone sobbed even louder knowing this was it. As he walked away with tears streaming down this face, the group got their last looks at the girl they loved.
Steve slowly walked her through the mall as Max began to run back towards her but got stopped by Robin and Nancy, "NO! Arwen please." She screamed, "please! Stop it Steve she's still here! Put her down!"

"Max it's okay." Nancy pulled her in tightly and cried, "no stop it!!" She pushed her away.

Steve's heart broke hearing Max breakdown and scream, he hated being the one to take her away but he felt like her older brother, he had to be the one to do it. As he was about to reach the entrance he felt something move, "Arwen?" He whispered through his cracked voice not wanting to get the groups hopes up if he imagined it, her arm suddenly moved and he knew he didn't imagine it this time, "oh my god, okay Arwen." Steve turned back around to the group, her eyes started twitching, confirming she was still alive, "Guys! She's- she's moving." He shouted, "pull through for me okay Arwen, I know you can do this, you're so strong, you are so strong." He kept whispering.

"Oh my god." Nancy ran over as Steve placed her down on the floor gently, she ran over along with everyone else and felt for her pulse, "she has a pulse!" She cried in relief, "oh my god." Cries of relief filled the room, "how is this possible?" Will asked, "she's strong." Steve replied, Max stepped forward in disbelief and crouched down next to her, "Arwen." She whispered, Arwen's eyes began to flicker open and the first thing she saw was Max's face, "you think I could leave you?" Arwen struggled to let out, Max started sobbing into her chest as Nancy and Steve thought fast, running to look for a first aid kit.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"I can hear helicopters!" Mike shouted and ran towards the entrance, "help! We need help. Over here!" He pointed over to Arwen who was still holding on, the bleeding had barely stopped.
"We need you all to evacuate whilst we assist her here." Men gathered around Arwen, moving the others out of the way, "you're going to have to move son, we can't take her outside until she's stable." One of them said to Steve who took Max away, she went with him and kept looking back until she could no longer see her.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Ambulances and fire trucks surrounded the parking lot outside as people ran into the mall to put out the fires and help injured people.
Hopper, Joyce and Rachel made it out safe to Will and El. "Where's Arwen?!" Rachel's eyes searched around for her, "she- got hurt." Will cried, "her heart stopped beating and-" he couldn't finish, "and what?!" Rachel was now crying whilst Joyce and Hopper looked in shock, "she woke up but they're helping her now."
Rachel put her hand up to her mouth and let out a sob, "oh god."

As Will explained, Arwen walked slowly outside, holding the side of her stomach in pain, she looked at each ambulance until she saw her.
Max's eyes caught Arwens as she stood up and stared at her before running to her, they both fell into each others embrace before kissing, catching everyone's attention, "wait- they're dating?!" Lucas questioned in shock.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"El." Mike turned to face her, they were still sat in the ambulance waiting to be checked by the paramedics, she nodded her head sadly, "why was your nose bleeding when Arwen started moving again?"

"I-" she couldn't think of an answer, she didn't think anyone would ask, "you saved her." His eyes widened, "you risked your powers to save her." She nodded her head.