10. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒔

Chapter 10~ The goonies.

𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝟏𝟗𝙩𝙝

"What did you mean last night about everyone thinking your dad was so great? You didn't finish what you were saying." Max came back into Arwen's bedroom, placing coffee and aspirin on her side table, "what?" Arwen laughed pretending not to know, "never listen to anything I say when I'm drunk Max."

"Do you not remember anything else from last night?" She sat down and looked at her, Arwen knew what she was referring to, "um no- all I remember is you were drunk too."

"Not as drunk as you, I remember most of the night." She laughed, "do you remember agreeing to watching the goonies at the cinema today with the party?"

"Oh god-" Arwen slapped her forehead into her hands, "what the hell is the goonies?"

"It came out a couple of weeks ago I heard it's really good."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"You were pretty drunk last night Wen." Will laughed, "yeah, so I've heard." She rolled her eyes, "did none of you drink?"

"Lucas and I did yeah." Will replied, "that's why Lucas is so quiet." Arwen laughed, "how's the head?" Max smirked, "I don't wanna talk about it." Lucas rubbed his temples, "moving on." Mike spoke to Arwen, Will and Max, "can you three go to the store and get some snacks for the movie?"
They all smirked at each other and nodded.
"No fair I'm always on snack duty." Lucas folded his arms, "not since last time, you just got shit that only you like." Mike glared at him then handed Arwen some cash.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Mikes so stupid for trusting us with his money." Max laughed, Will grabbed a shopping cart and they all entered the store, immediately heading to the junk food section, "skittles." Max threw them in the cart, "Nerds oh m&m's too."

"You're like a child in a candy store." Arwen laughed, "so what were you and Robin talking about?" Will asked, Arwen narrowed her eyes, "at scoops yesterday."

"Ohh, um just about music." She randomly thought of hoping they wouldn't ask any further questions, "have you guys heard everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears? It came out a couple weeks ago."

"Yeah! That songs awesome, "even while you sleep." He started singing then Max realised she had heard it, "we will find you, acting on your best behaviour, turn your back on Mother Nature, everybody wants to rule the world." They all sang in unison receiving a few looks from people, "there's the Reese's pieces!" Will grabbed them and Arwen pointed to the other shelf, "oh get some bagel bites."

"No they're gross don't waste the money on those." Will scrunched up his face, "shut up! And who cares? It's Mike's money anyway."

"Bagel bites are not gross!" Max joined in, "you two are delusional."

"Okay bowl cut." The girls laughed, "all we need now is soda and Lucas wanted Doritos, I think I can find it in myself today to be nice enough to get them for him." Arwen said.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞
"You guys took ages! Come on the movies about to start!"

"We're gonna miss the previews!" Lucas huffed and Max rolled her eyes, "well if you guys keep whining about it."

They ran through the doors of the mall and made their way down the escalator, pushing past people. "Come on!" Lucas yelled from the front, they kept running until they got to scoops, seeing Robin and Steve at the counter, "hey kids." Robin smiled, "hey Robin."
"Hi Rob!"
"Hey."
"Hi my favourite parent."

"Seriously guys you're gonna get me fired for this." Steve opened the back door and snuck them all through, "I swear if anyone hears about this-"

"We're dead." They all finished his sentence in unison, walking off, Mike checked to see if anyone was there, "it's clear, let's go." He motioned, they ran into the theatre and got to their seats. Will immediately opened the bag of snacks and started handed them across the row, "skittles." He handed them out, "soda."

"Who got bagel bites?" Mike glared at Arwen, "If you knew the answer why did you have to ask?" She whisper shouted and grabbed them from him, "El here's the m&m's." Arwen handed them to her, "thank you." She smiled.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Flashback November 2nd 1984

Arwen hadn't stopped thinking about Halloween night, her and Max had instantly bonded and she couldn't be happier.
Arwen was sat on her bed reading the latest super woman comic when there was a small knock on her window, she walked over and saw Max stood there with tears streaming down her face, "oh my god Max! Come in." She grabbed her hands and helped her in, she immediately fell into her arms, "hey what happened?!"

"I'm sorry, I don't even know why I came here." Max quickly wiped a tear off her cheek and looked away but Arwen cupped her face so they were facing each other again, "you don't have to do that, you're safe here okay." Max sniffed, "it's just my asshole of a step brother, he gets so angry."

"Did he hurt you?!" Arwen's eyes widened, "no!... not physically anyway."

"Stay here tonight." She took Max's hand over to her bed and held onto her.