20. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅.

Chapter 20~ The flayed.

𝙅𝙪𝙡𝙮 𝟑𝙧𝙙

"Mom?" Arwen walked through her house for the first time since the argument, "Mom!" Arwen sighed and turned to Max, "she's not here."

"Have you not spoken to her since the argument?" She shrugged making Arwen folds her arms, "of course not, I've been with you the whole time."

"Maybe she's staying at Joyce's or something isn't that where she usually goes when she's upset and stuff?" Max asked, "well yeah but Will would've told me right?" She questioned.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

The group met up at Mikes to try and figure out where Arwens mom was along with Joyce and Hopper who were also gone, "I found Hopper." El said, sat on the couch with a blindfold on whilst everyone was gathered around the coffee table, "where is he?" Max asked, "woods. He's with- Will and Arwen's moms."  She let out quietly, "with our moms?" They replied in unison, "Ill-anoy- they're going to ill-anoy."

"Illinois? Illinois? Like the state?" Mike asked, "the state of Illinois?"

"I-ill-anoy." El repeated not knowing what he meant, the girls walked into the bathroom after El found the parents so Arwen could wipe the blood off her nose whilst she felt eyes on her, Max's, "you okay Max?"

"Your neck." She averted her eyes away, Arwen hated that she felt guilty over something that wasn't her fault, "please stop blaming yourself Max." Arwen put down the wash cloth and cupped Max's cheeks, "I should go-" El backed away slowly out the door.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Mike! Open the door." Nancy called from upstairs, Mike ran up the stairs and opened it to a worried Nancy and Jonathon.

"It was the same thing. The exact same thing that happened to Will last year and look at this, look at the body temperatures." Nancy paced around then pointed to the piece of paper on the table, "he likes it cold." Will stated, "so this crazy old woman, Mrs Driscoll? What time was this attack?" Mike asked, "last night."

"Right but what time last night?" He pressed on, "around nine why?"

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathon asked her, trying to be quiet, "I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests." She replied, "wait you weren't there?" Will questioned, "well I'm here now aren't I?" He rolled him eyes and folded his arms, "hallelujah." Nancy replied causing Lucas to jokingly wince, "oof."

"Typical." Max and Arwen said at the same time receiving a glare from Jonathon, "so what time was your sauna test?" Nancy asked, "around nine." The party all replied, "well that proves it. That proves my theory, she's flayed just like Billy."

"Wait but if there's already two flayed then we have to assume there's more." Will suggested,
"Heather-" El interjected, "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared, she was screaming, bad screams."

"What's a good scream?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows, "Max said-"

"Doesn't matter." Max interrupted her before she could finish her sentence causing Arwen to burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asked, "she's a lifeguard at the pool." Max replied, "Heather Holloway?" The girls nodded their heads, Nancy and Jonathon faced each other,"Tom."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Arwen opened Heathers door with her powers and they all walked in hesitantly, the carpet was all scrunched up on the floor and the temperature in the house had dropped massively.
"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy turned round.