11. 𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏...?

Chapter 11~ Can I ask you a question...?

𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝟐𝟐𝙣𝙙

"So how are you feeling about your realisation?" Robin smiled and placed her chin in her hands, "scared, nauseous and all of the above." Arwen explained everything that Max thought she had forgotten at the party, you know, before Steve came along and interrupted, "how do you feel about Max?"

"These past few weeks I've been thinking over every moment me and Max have spent together since she got here which I never really had time to do since my dad died a few days after she moved. It's never felt like a friendship I mean we danced together at the snowball last year, we've almost kissed three times and I still don't know what I'm feeling or what she's feeling, am I making my feelings just as unclear as she is? Does she even like girls?"

"You know from an outsiders perspective, I've seen the way she looks at you, that is not the way friends look at each other Arwen. You two need better communication and I know it's easier said than done but have you two actually ever talked about your feelings towards each other without it turning into an argument?" Arwen thought hard about what Robin had said and realised that she was completely right, they hadn't actually been able to talk about the way they feel without an argument, the snowball, the day they went to the pool, "you're right." Arwen sighed, "I usually am my strange child, we better get going to Mikes." Robin stood up from the bed, "you've been spending a lot of time with Nancy recently." Arwen smirked which Robin was completely oblivious to, "yeah I massively misjudged her through high school, I'm glad Steve made us become friends."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞
Flashback to 1984

Arwen climbed up onto the roof of the bus to join Max who was staring out at the fog. "Do you miss California?" Max turned to Arwen then looked back to the fog, "not as much as I thought, I had no idea I would be meeting someone like you." She smiled, "can I ask you a question...?" Arwen turned serious, Max nodded her head before she carried on, "on Halloween, was it your parents arguing like that?"

"No um- it was my step dad and step brother. We all moved here for a 'fresh start' away from my dad as if- as if he was the problem which is total bull and things are just worse now. My step brother has always been an ass but now he's just angry- all the time and he can't take it out on my mom so-"

"He takes it out on you?!" Arwen's eyes widened, she subconsciously placed her hand on Max's arm, "I feel like I'm suffocating in that house. He makes me miserable and they all act like they're some big happy family and I guess I've just always felt...different."

"Different how?"

"I just don't like- normal things other teenage girls do..." She looked down and fiddled with her shoe laces.

"Woah woah woah guys three o' clock!" Dustin shouted from inside the bus, Max and Arwen quickly looked at each other as they heard a noise in the distance which sounded like it was getting closer. "Holy shit! Guys get down here now!" Arwen grabbed a metal pole that was next to her and climbed down the outside of the bus, "wait Arwen what the hell are you doing?!" Max shouted, "Arwen!! This was not in the plan!"

"What the hell is she doing?" Lucas said to Dustin and Steve, they all looked out of the door to see her stood there in front of an approaching demodog, "Arwen get inside the bus right now!" Steve shouted, Arwen ignored all of them shouting and held the metal pole in front of her. The demodog stopped in its tracks and roared at her before it started charging, Arwen put her arm back and swung at it sending it flying.

"Jesus fucking Christ! Arwen you've got more company, one o'clock and two o'clock!" They suddenly charged at her from both sides, she didn't know how to fend them both off, "ARWEN!" Max screamed when Steve abruptly pulled her into the bus causing her to fall into a crying Max's arms, "oh my god." They both cried into each other as the boys closed the door and panted, "don't ever do that again you little shithead! I'm the babysitter!"

"Fucked up that demodog better than you could though." She looked up and managed to crack a smile, "that was fucking awesome! You did nearly die though so for next time maybe don't do that." Dustin said, "I can't believe I almost lost you, you're an idiot." Max whispered into Arwens ear.