7. 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒.

Chapter 7~ Halloween 1984

𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒

"Okay we're going in." Dustin slicked back his hair and looked at Lucas, "any tips Arwen?"

"Yeah, ditch the proton packs." She laughed, "I mean on talking to Max as you took it upon yourself to talk to her first."

"Yeah don't wear proton packs." She repeated, "whatever, maybe she likes ghostbusters." Lucas glared at Arwen, "well who doesn't but I'm sure- oh and you're gone." They walked over to Max before she could finish her sentence.

"Hi Max- I'm Dustin and this- this is." He pointed to Lucas who was grinning awkwardly, "Lucas." He answered, "yeah I know." She slammed her locker and looked them up and down, "the stalkers." Arwen laughed behind Lucas and Dustin, "and Arwen." Max looked behind the boys causing her face to flush red, "we we w-weren't stalking you-" the boys stumbled over their words as Max narrowed her eyes, "we- we were just concerned because you know, you're new and all." Dustin started, "yeah- yeah for your safety." Lucas carried on, "mhm, there are a lot of bullies here."

"Yeah so many bullies, it- it's crazy." Lucas emphasised, Max grinned then looked down at their costumes again. "Are you sure they'll have enough time to bully me when you two are dressed like that?"

"Uh what we are trying to say is- we were talking last night and um since you're new here you probably don't have any friends to take you trick or treating and you're scared of bullies so uh we- we were thinking that it would be okay if you come with us." Dustin rambled on and Arwen instantly slapped her face in her hands, "It'd be okay?" She raised her eyebrows, "yeah our parties a democracy and the majority voted you could come." Dustin continued, Arwen just laid back against the lockers listening to everything, it was rather amusing, "I didn't know it was such an honour to go trick or treating with you."

"Yeah- I mean we know where to get the full size candy bars, we figured you'd want it." Dustin grinned, "that's presumptuous of you." Arwen snorted from behind them and they moved out of way so Max was now staring at her, "sorry- um that was funny." Arwen pursed her lips awkwardly, "are you going to be there tonight?" Max asked, "oh- yeah." Arwen found herself looking down at Max's lips but quickly stopped herself, "then I'll be there." She smiled and walked off.

"Meet us at the Maple street cul-de-sac at Seven. That's seven on the dot!" Dustin shouted from across the hall, "wait how was presumptuous funny? Is it bad?" Arwen rolled her eyes and walked off in the other direction, "Arwen is it bad? Why did she only agree to go when she knew Arwen was going? Are these pearly whites not convincing enough?" Dustin turned to Lucas and rolled his tongue to make that weird noise he made.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Halloween was Arwens favourite night of the year, it was right near her birthday, autumn leaves falling down, pumpkin carving, costumes, Stephen King movies, what's not to like?

"Ugh if I get another three musketeers I'm gonna kill myself!" Lucas complained as the party all walked across the grass to the next house, "hey Lucas can I give you one of my three musketeers?" Arwen smirked causing Luca to flip her off, "what's wrong with three musketeers anyway?" Dustin asked, "no one likes three musketeers." Will stated, "they're gross." The boys argued in unison, "It is top three for me." Dustin replied, "top three? Give me a break." Mike sighed.

"Seriously, I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat, straight up." Suddenly a person dressed in a Micheal Myers costume came from behind a tree holding a knife at them, the boys let out loud screams whilst Arwen started laughing at Lucas' high pitched one.