46. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒛𝒐𝒏𝒆.

Chapter 46~ The warzone.

The group had been in the trailer for about an hour now with idle conversations going on in the background. Arwen however, couldn't stop thinking about what the mark on her wrist meant, she kept her eyes on it and brushed over it every few seconds until Max finally decided to say something.

"I wouldn't worry about it now okay? Everything will work out." Max placed her hand on Arwen's arm, "I just...wish we could get in contact with Eleven, I need to know if she's okay."

"I know, we all do...but right now we need to focus on killing this asshole." Max replied, Arwen just nodded and let out a sigh, "is there a way I can convince you not to come into the house with me?" Arwen asked with a pleading look on her face, "no...even if it wasn't to lure him to me, I wouldn't let you do this by yourself."
"I don't want you getting hurt." Arwen spoke through a cracked voice, "and I don't want you getting hurt either." She whispered back.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

The group, minus, Dustin, Eddie and Lucas all entered the warzone with widened eyes. They all looked over the big signs that said stuff like 'guns' 'knives' and 'bullets', "holy shit." Arwen let out, "it's a fucking hillbilly convention in here."
"I know right, so much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin replied, "let's be...fast." Nancy suggested, "yep."
"Definitely." They all agreed and split off into little groups.

Robin went with Max and Arwen as they all got baskets and filled them up with knives, "why aren't you with Nance?" Arwen asked Robin who seemed more distracted than usual, "huh? Oh- uh...can't I spend time with my favourite children?" She batted her eyes.

"You can but you should be spending time with Nancy." Max smirked causing Robin to roll her eyes, "okay, Robin we don't wanna keep making jokes if it's not true- so, is there something happening...?" Arwen asked, "I'm not going to tell two that I like Nancy inside a place called the warzone." Robin blurted out then abruptly slapped her hand over her mouth, "oh my god-" Max's eyes widened as well as Arwen's, "you do-"
"No I didn't mean that- like obviously I meant friend- we're friends and- how would I even...I'm walking away now." Robin gave up and walked away from the two girls who's mouths were wide open, "holy shit." They burst out laughing, "now we just have to torment Nance into admitting it." Arwen grinned, "we have great interrogation skills." Max laughed.

Arwen and Max kept walking around the store trying their hardest not to get distracted by all the cool knives and shit. They walked round to the front and Arwen stopped in her tracks, "oh my god-" she shook Max's arm and pointed to where she was looking, Nancy was stood by the shot guns, "she is so fucking hot I can't breathe." Arwen stated, "I would let her put that gun to my head." Max said making Arwen laugh even harder, "if Robin doesn't claim her within five days, she's ours."
"Agreed." Max shook her head.

"Oh my god." Arwen's mouth suddenly dropped, "is that?" Max started, "Jason." Arwen whispered, "guys, go back to the trailer now." Steve rushed over and instructed, taking their baskets off them, "Nancy, Robin and I will check this out, we will be two minutes tops, okay?"

Max, Arwen and Erica rushed back to the trailer and opened the door to a worried Dustin, "what happened?" Lucas asked, "Your old friends are here." Erica replied, "shit! Where's the others?"
"Checking out, they'll be here." Max replied.

"Let's go!" Steve yelled as they ran back into the trailer and dumped all the bags in the back seat whilst Eddie ducked down trying to hide himself, "let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Dustin panicked, "I'm going!" Steve shouted.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Once they were out safe from the warzone, Steve found a place to pull over so they could devise some sort of plan and prepare their weapons where no one would find them.

"Is this legal?" Max asked Nancy as she started sawing the end of the shut gun off, "actually, I think it's a felony." She replied, "hey, Vecna broke the law first. Pretty sure you're not allowed to go round cursing teenagers." Arwen added, "well atleast this guarantees one thing...I won't miss." Nancy said before chopping the end of the shot gun off, "marry me." Arwen whispered quiet enough for only Max to hear, "what?" Nancy replied, "oh I didn't say anything." Arwen lied making Max laugh.

"Hi Steve." Max and Arwen walked over to him and Robin with smirks on their faces, Arwen had both of her hands behind her back making Steve furrow his eyebrows, "okay, what's behind your back?" He asked, "we're so glad you asked." Max smiled, "we got you this." Arwen showed him a mug that said 'best mom' on the front, instantly making him smile, "it hasn't been easy raising you kids."

"Awe are you gonna cry Stevie?" Robin laughed, "shut up. Just cus you didn't get a mug." He retaliated, "you like it?" The girls asked in unison, "I love it, thank you guys."
"You're welcome."
"I'm going to help Nance." Robin walked away leaving Steve with the girls.

"He's different than I thought." Steve changed the subject as he was looking into the distance at something, "who?" Arwen asked, "Eddie." He admitted, Max instantly gave Arwen a subtle side look which she returned, "he really cares about people you know?- I don't know, he's just interesting." Steve tried to explain, "interesting?" Max questioned, "I've never really spoken to someone like him."