60. 𝑴𝒂𝒙?

Another gentle reminder to please be patient!!

Chapter 60~ Max?

2 weeks later

"How is she still not awake?!" Max paced around the room, she kept looking over at Arwen to see if there was any sign of movement, just anything, "it's been two weeks." She cried out to the group, "we know but everything will be oka-"
"Stop telling me that 'everything will be okay' because it's not true." Max raised her voice, "Max why don't you get some fresh air?" Will suggested, "no. I'm staying right here until she wakes up." She replied as Rachel walked back into the room with a devastated look on her face which worried the group even more.

"What- what did the doctor say?" Nancy asked, "Arwen still has a chance at waking up but it's getting smaller the longer she's in this coma." Tears escaped Rachel's eyes, "they said if she does wake up...she may never see again." She explained before Max stormed out of the room.

"Hey- Woah Max? What's happened?" Lydia noticed Max rushing through the hall. Max and Lydia had spoken since Lydia almost kissed her although it had been a little awkward, they still hung out with each other considering they both needed the company.

"can you stop following me?!" Max yelled, "Max. Just stop for a sec okay?" Lydia demanded in a stern voice, stepping in front of her, "come here." She quickly pulled Max into her embrace to which she instantly melted into, "you're okay, just breathe." Lydia rubbed her back and reassured her which reminded Max of Arwen, she instantly felt guilty, "I have to go see Arwen, I'm sorry."

~

"Now you wanna see her?" Mike scoffed as he walked into Arwen's room, Max turned around looking confused, "what?"

"Do you even care Arwens in a coma whilst you're just running around with some other girl?!" Mike said, taking Max aback, "what?! Of course I care Mike! Do you know how hard this has been for me?!"

"Clearly not hard enough." He scoffed, "I have just lost the love of my life." Her breath started to hitch, "she's not gone!!" He shouted, "well we don't know if she's going to wake up!" She shouted back, instantly regretting the words that came out of her mouth, which also took Mike by surprise, "I can't believe you." He lowered his voice, "I don't know what to do." She cried out, collapsing to the floor, "I can't be alive anymore, it's my fault." She sobbed even louder making Mike step towards her, "wait Max I didn't-"

All of a sudden, Nancy ran into the room and saw Max balling her eyes out on the floor, she looked between her and Mike, who had folded arms and a non sympathetic look on his face, "what did you say to her?! Oh my god." She crouched down and put her arms around Max, "what she needed to hear." He scoffed, "get out Mike." Nancy whispered, not wanting to see his face anymore.

"Hey, hey it's okay." She kissed Max's head, "please don't make me stay here anymore."
"What do you mean- what did he say Max?!" Nancy worriedly asked, "I want to die...please let me go." She screamed.

"Max?" She suddenly stopped crying as her and Nancy's heads shot up at the sound of the fragile voice, they both looked over slowly with heavy breaths and saw her sat up with tears streaming down her face.

"Arwen."