59. 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔.

Chapter 59~ Wheelchair races.

"Max." Lydia leaned her head in through the door grabbing Max's attention. She had been sat by Arwen's bed for three hours straight and it was driving her insane, "I wanna show you something." She grinned, Max took one last look at Arwen before going to meet Lydia by the door, "what is it?" She asked, "you'll see." She grabbed Max's hand as they ran through the empty hallways and got to a stairwell that had loads of wheelchairs underneath.

"Ever done a wheelchair race?" Lydia smirked, Max shook her head, "well there's a first for everything but be prepared to lose because I am the champion at it around here." She laughed, grabbing one for her and Max, "are you sure we should be doing this at two in the morning?" Max questioned, "best time to do it."

"Okay 3...2...1...go!" Lydia announced as they both wheeled through the hallway side by side, they nearly got to the end before Max knocked into something which made an extremely loud noise followed by a flashlight getting closer to them, "run!" Lydia instructed, they both ran up a staircase before they burst out laughing, "well that's never happened before." Lydia said, "that was so funny."

~

"Won't they be mad?" Max asked as they were now crouched down in front of a random hospital room, "no, I've been doing this for a year, he never eats his pudding so they throw it in the trash, we can't let it go to waste." Lydia smirked, "I always thought that I was a bad influence on people." Max grinned, "well you've met your match Mayfield."

~

The next morning

"Guys!" Mike burst through the door with El, "El had an idea." He said out of breath, clearly having rushed over, "what is it?!" Nancy asked, all of their attention went onto El who was looking nervous, "I think I can try and see where she is...through the void." She explained, "oh my god." Max whispered, "that could work? Even with her in a coma?" Robin questioned and El slowly nodded her head.

"Turn the tv on." Dustin instructed Lucas who turned it to a static channel, "here's a bandana." Eddie handed it to El, "we're not telling the adults about this." Mike said, they all nodded their heads, agreeing.

"Arwen...I have more to show you." Vecna's voice sounded out once again, Arwen didn't cry this time. She was used to it. All she felt was complete numbness.

Her eyes closed and opened to the place she had become familiar to, the place where he had Chrissy, Freddie and Patrick up on display like trophies only this time there seemed to be another.

"Take a closer look." He instructed, Arwen hesitantly stepped closer and saw someone else was there but she couldn't make out who, "let me help you see better." He removed the vines to reveal Eleven. Arwen let out a gasp followed by sobs, "isn't it beautiful?"

"El what do you see?" Nancy asked nervously, "I- I don't see anything...it's empty." She replied making tears fall from Max's eyes, "what does that mean?" Her voice cracked, "I don't- I don't know."

"Wait-" El quickly said, "what?!" Steve questioned, "this is so creepy man." Eddie bit at his nails, "I see something." El said slowly before letting out a gasp, "El what is it?!" Mike asked, "El?" Will said, "Arwen?!" El cried,

"Arwen?!" Arwen heard, taking her by surprise, she looked all around to see where it was coming from, "El?!"
"That's not El." Vecna replied, "she's right in front of you...look what you did to her." He suddenly used his powers to keep her faced towards El's dead body making Arwen hysterically sob.

"El what do you see?!" Nancy panicked as they all saw El look more distressed, "she- she sees us d-dying-" she let out, "over and over."
"What?!" Nancy, Mike and Dustin said in unison, "she thinks...we're dead." El cried even more, she quickly ripped the bandana off and fell into Mike's arms.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Max rushed out into the hallway and placed her hands on her knees trying to gather herself, she let out heavy breaths.

"Max." Lydia walked up to her, "what happened?!"

"I can't- can't talk about it." She let out, "then let's just sit." She smiled, "how are you always so- put together?" Max suddenly asked, "I'm not. I like people to think I am but when it's nighttime and no one's around I practically cry myself to sleep." Lydia admitted, "I'm sorry-"
"For what? You didn't make me cry." Lydia joked, making Max crack a small smile, "in-fact, meeting you here has been the best thing that's happened to me in a long time." She smiled, "you've made this easier for me too." Max agreed.

All of a sudden Lydia leaned into Max's face, catching her off guard, "oh my god-" Max quickly pulled away, "I'm sorry." Lydia sat there awkwardly, "I have a girlfriend Lydia, we can't do this." Max explained, "I know- it was stupid just forget this happened okay? I need to go." She stood up, when Max suddenly stood up as-well to closer to her, "your nose is bleeding-" Max's eyes widened, Lydia abruptly wiped the blood away, "it's nothing- side effects of this stupid disease. I really have to go I'm sorry again." Lydia replied all flustered before rushing away.