Chapter Ten

*Kade*

It was four pm by the time I got hold of a semi decent motorbike, after fuelling it up I rode all through the night, careful to stay awake, careful to avoid the main roads back into town.

It took a lot more than I thought it would to keep driving past the road that would've taken me to the town where Robin lived, for a shower or a bed, or even food. The jacket I was wearing did nothing to keep away the autumn chill of the morning and the sun rising behind me held little warmth as I continued on my way towards the gym.

The gym that was on the outskirts of my town, it also happened to be at least another hour away.

The thoughts that had run through my head time and time again decided that now was a good time to make themselves become known again.

What if Jarvis Pierce couldn't help me?

What if he didn't want to?

I tried to clear my head, focusing on the road before me, willing my mind to stop thinking the course it was thinking and also willing my eyes to stay open.

Very much that last one.

I can't help the unattractive snort that leaves my lips upon that thought, to ride all this way only to fall asleep and crash into the tree that was looming up before me.

Tree that is looming up in front of me.

A string of curses leave my lips as I make the turn last minute, how I made it without swerving off the road was a mystery to me, I frown internally to myself as I do swerve into the other lane briefly, at least it was early enough that the back roads were empty. In late autumn the sun didn't properly rise until around six thirty and everyone preferred the main roads to the back roads.

Just moments after I think that I can see a car heading in the opposite direction to me, that would've been messy if this car had come by a few minutes earlier.

My minds still racing with unanswered questions from all this as well as all the questions I hope to ask Jarvis Pierce, but one question more than the rest: Will he help?

Even from the distance I could see trucks and cars parked in the car park of the gym, before I could properly comprehend I was putting the motorbike into park and pulling the helmet off my head, I quickly run my fingers through my hair to give it a little more flick as it was most likely flat, helmet hair.

It took me while to realise that it was quiet, in fact it wasn't until I was about to reach for the door that was already slightly ajar when it's shoved closed, denying my entry into the gym.

It was then that I listened.

And listened to the quiet.

There was no background noise like usual, no sounds of grunts, breathing, the sounds of punching, nothing at all.

Just a door being closed in my face. "Jarvis?" I call hesitantly when I realised the door was now locked. "It's,"

"I know who it is kid," A familiar gruff voice cuts me off from the other side of the door in the gym, "And I know you've got no business stirring up stuff here in my gym, off with you Mathis."

I frown at the door, I was more than certain he could see me and I probably looked like an idiot so I took a step back muttering, "You remember me, yay." Under my breath as I did.

I listen carefully, waiting for any noise, then I heard it, one little cough and immediately I lock my gaze in the direction where it came from, "Let me in Jarvis, I need to talk to you, please." I add the last word as an afterthought.

Nothing.

No noise, no movement.

I let my head drop, as though in defeat and start to turn away, as though I'd given in.

I smirk to myself as I hear the sound of the door being swung open, "Get in or go away kid, you're being a nuisance."

I follow just catching the door before it slams shut and following behind Jarvis as he walks away from the front of the gym, everyone now back to their workouts.

I say nothing as I follow him through the gym only pausing when he goes through a door and I stand there.

J. PIERCE

"You're just going to stand there like you've been slapped or get in a close the damn door." He snaps plonking himself down in his seat.

"I need your help," I begin before he lifts a hand up to stop me.

"I won't help you destroy my nephew." He says lowly after a few moments, every hope that had started growing shattered, "But when you come face to face to him, just remember not all the facts in Jones's little database will be correct, especially from before he got involved with everything."

I stare at him confused, what had he just said to me.

Jarvis's face seemed sad before hardening a few seconds later, "Get out of my gym kid, before I shoot you out."

I left pretty quickly, having seen that threat become truth a few times, I wasn't going to experience it anymore.

As I let the door slam behind me and make my way to the motorbike I can feel my phone going off in my pocket. "James, I got nothing." I acknowledge, prepared to give him a full report of my failure here but what I wasn't prepared for was what he said first.

"I found him."    

*A/N* I know I know it's been a long time and yeah and this is probably really shit but I wanted to update and yeah and ahaha this is so short and probably not good. Ugh I don't like this new wattpad publisher ... 300 Followers :D Thank you so muich for following and if you're one of the 300 c: xx*