Chapter Five

*Annalisa*

“What are you looking at?” I murmur looking up from the paper in front of me and across at the teenager before me.

Kade sends me a small smile, pushing his glasses up his nose. “Tattoos.” He shrugs as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world, “They intrigue me I suppose.”

I can’t help but let out a slight laugh, looking out the window of the train, watching everything pass by. “You suppose hm.” I shake my head slightly and turn back to him, meeting his brown eyes. “What’s the plan for all this?”

This causes Kade to let out a laugh of his own. “That’s cute Anna, that you think there’s a plan.” It was strange to hear someone call me Anna.

Yet at the same time I liked it. No one else ever dared to shorten my name, hell they never dared to talk to me.

“Well if a plan is what you need to hear then, the plan is to survive this next week.”

I scoff, “And win I guess.”

I look over to see him smiling at me still, before Kade turns to look out the window, “Winning would be nice, but just getting through in one piece and leaving with you and Robin will be good enough for me.”

I look at the pictures in front of me. Somehow Trevor had gotten photos from the hotel security or something and had ‘couple like’ pictures of Kade and I and ‘group like’ pictures of Kade, Robin and I.

Not many smiles were present but they were better than nothing.

I move on from a picture of Rob and I sitting in a café waiting for Kade and smile at the next one of Kade walking up to accept his graduation certificate.

“That’s a pretty good picture,” I admit.

“Just wait for the next one.” Trevor encourages.

I graciously accept the tissue Trevor held out to me, “He looks so good in that gown and cap.” I admit with a small laugh, looking down at the picture of Kade kneeling down to Shae’s height.

I look up to see Trevor smiling at me. “Yeah,”

“You alright,” I ask him, brushing my blonde hair out of my face and putting down the small selection of photos he’d handed me.

Trevor looks away for a second before returning his eyes to me, “Yeah, just go figure the Mathis boy is the one out of all of us who graduates.”

I let Trevor words sink in, “You didn’t graduate I’m guessing.”

He shakes his head, picking up his whiskey glass and drinking the last of it. Within seconds someone had come and taken his glass, moments later a new one replacing it. “Daniel was the one who graduated out of the two of us.”