Chapter Two

*Kade*

“Taylor Devon.” Applauds fill the hall as the brown haired girl, dressed in the blue graduation robe, walks up to Principal Duran and gets her graduation certificate.

Hands are shaken and with that Taylor Devon continues down the stairs to join those of the seniors who’d already been called up, sitting amongst them in the seats in the crowd.

A couple more names are called, the last of the people with their last names starting with ‘D’ and the all the people whose last names start with ‘E’. Except the one name I’d wanted to hear.

There was no Annalisa Evans called. As far as the school board was concerned Annalisa Evans had dropped out due to insufficient grades.

I, and a select few, knew better, as bad as her grades were she could’ve graduated with them, but to graduate you needed to be in town. “Charlie Lowe.”

The black haired boy in front of my walks up on stage at his name, shaking the principals hand and three other school officials and taking his diploma. I push my glasses up and sit them on top of my brown waves, my vision going bleary for a second as I rub my eyes. “Kade Mathis.” I put my glasses back on before stepping onto the stage, I’d gotten used to my contacts after wearing them for so long.

Applauds filled the hall with every name, and you could tell who was here for who, just like you could guess who it was who yelled, “Yeah Mathis!” as I shook Principal Duran’s hand.

She hands me my diploma with a smile and a nod which I return before shaking the others hands, joining my classmates in the stands, waiting for the rest of the grade, risking a glance to look over my shoulder to see Robin giving me the ‘ok’ sign with one hand and pushing his black hair out of his eyes with his other hand.

“Well done for all your hard effort and good luck for your adult lives,” One of our grades representatives, a blonde cheerleader, cheers from the podium as she gave the seniors very last speech.

The male representative steps forward with a goofy grin. “Class of twenty thirteen out!”

 Cheers and whoops fill the hall once more but louder as the seniors throw their caps in the air, before turning to one another and congratulating each other and all that, giving me a chance to slip away and leave.

“Kaiden Mathis!” The familiar voice choruses, “Finally released free in this big big world. What will be the first of his dangerous endeavours?”

I let out a laugh at Robin’s words, turning around to face the twenty two year old man before me with a massive grin on his face. “You came.” I smile as he comes over to me, giving me a hug and patting my back in the process before pulling back.

“Of course I did!” He laughs, taking my cap off my head and hitting me over the back of the head with hit. “Wouldn’t miss my best mates graduation. Mind you, the fact that you’re eighteen now and out of school makes me feel old.” Robing grumbles at the end as my name is squealed by a little blonde girl.

That girl who then decided to tackle my legs in a hug locking my knees together. “Hey Shae.” I smile down at her as she steps back, her parents coming up behind her at a much more reasonable pace.

It was almost frightening how similar to Annalisa Shae looked. Pale blonde hair and ice blue eyes, a contrast to my dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. You’d never have known that brown haired, green eyed Erica was Shae’s mother, you would have thought that Shae had the same parents as Annalisa, but the only parent the two girls shared was their father.