Chapter Twelve

*Kade*

"I can't believe you did it."

I walk into the hotel room where James lounged on one of the single beds. "You doubted me?" he scoffs continuing to flick through the magazine he was looking at when I walked in, sitting back down on the other bed.

"I found Brandon." He continues not looking at me, "I don't know who's there though, this could be a false lead."

"It's a lead James." I murmur in response, running a hand through my brown hair that was starting to get shaggy, "It's all we've got."

"We should sleep." James says suddenly getting up and shaking his black hair. "We're leaving at four."

"Kade?" I spin around and stare at the blonde girl standing there.

My throat goes dry as I try to moisten my mouth before stammering out her name. "Anna."

I'm thrown out of my dream six hours later as water was thrown on my face waking, "You're an ass."

I splutter sitting up in my bed, "Time to get up." James smirks with a chuckle, "Let's get out of here."

"Where are we going." I call walking into the bathroom to change my shirt.

James stays silent for a bit and I poke my head out the door, to see James staring at a picture, as I make my way over to him I catch sight of the red head he was searching for. "We'll get them back James."

"Get down to the car Kaiden." James says shoving the photo in his pocket, and looks up at me, "We have Brandon Pierce to get to."

Together James and I quickly pack everything up in silence no one uttering a word.

This was it, we had him, we had an address, this had to be it.

As we make our way down to the car my phone starts to ring in my pocket: Robin

"How may I direct your call?" Is my instinctive way to answer the phone.

Robin scoffs, unimpressed, "At least you still have a sense of humour," the sarcasm leaks through the phone, "I had to hear from Trevor about Pierce, you know what his family is like! I can't believe you and James are being so stupid as to go after Brandon on your own! When did that seem like a smart idea?" He pauses for only a second as I hear hurried typing before he says slower, "Do you have a death wish?"

"You done?" I say after he goes silent, swinging my back pack onto my bag so I can continue to carry my duffle bag in my free hand.

"Done? Done! Kaiden I will kill you," He yells before suddenly calming down, "I will resurrect you and kill you if you get yourself killed."

After that Robin falls silent, "I won't get myself killed."

"You can't promise me that when it comes to Anna." Is the quiet response I get, "I can't lose you Kaiden. I lost Antony," Rob's voice cracked at his brothers name, a name that hadn't been uttered since his betrayal and death, "And I won't lose you, I won't break that news to my father, you're his son too."

I take in a deep breath, "I'll return to you Rob, you and I aren't over yet." I break off as James comes around the corner dragging a blonde haired teenager. "I've got to go."