Chapter Eleven

*Annalisa*

I stood at the top of the stairs as Brandon Pierce walks in the foyer, followed by a man concealed by the shadows that the big doors created.

There's silence as another butler closes the doors, the only sound becoming footsteps of the stranger walking around. "You're positive this one is a Reyes?" He speaks up, his voice deep unlike Brandon's.

"Blond hair, blue eyes, incredibly sarcastic." Brandon lists off his eyes trailing to me, "Most certainly a Reyes if my parent's description is anything to go by."

Silence fills the room, the air becoming difficult to take into my lungs, the last thing I needed was another creep wanting me.

Footsteps begin again as he makes his way into the foyer further, finally stepping into the light. "Your parents," The man echoes his brown eyes looking me over.

I stared at him in return, but it seemed he had no problem locking my eyes in contest to which I lost as I looked away from his dark brown eyes. "My condolences to you Mr Pierce." He finished, slight glee in his voice considering what he was saying.

I watch Brandon as he watches the other man as he watches me in turn. "Thank you." He grits out. "What we discussed?"

The tall man waves him as a way to cut him off. "I'm aware of what we discussed, I was there, and I agree." He adds, "I'll take her."

"What?!" My mind reels and it takes a few moments for me to realise who spoke, the two men staring at me, that it had been me.

"Well," The man had mastered the art of not smirking yet giving off the effect of a smirk, "I would like a Reyes, and you are who I'm getting."

I could hear the yelling from my room as Lucy helped me pack my little belongings. "You can't stay here." I murmur under my breath to her.

The redhead looks around the room almost scared as she whispered, "Don't worry about me miss, just take care of yourself."

I watch as Lucy zips up the duffle bag, "Is there anyone I could contact?"

The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them, thankfully she doesn't drop anything like the first time I said something of the sorts, and as she turns to me walking over to the door her eyes are the saddest I'd ever seen then. "There is not." She says looking up to meet my eyes. "Good luck Miss Evans, I wish you well." Lucy rushes out before slipping out the door.

A few minutes later there's a slight knock at my door, I stay silent, it wouldn't matter what I'd say because soon enough the door would open. I don't know who I expected to walk in but the brunette who did walk in wasn't who I was expecting.

"Miss Lucy wished to return something to you before you left with Mr Rios but didn't think it wise for her to return." Belle answers my unasked question.

My head tilt also asks another un-worded question which she answers quickly but also without words as she opens her hand and my necklace dangles from her finger tips.

"I'll put it in your bag for you." She murmurs kneeling to place it in there.

"Thank you." The words once again leave my lips before I realise I was thinking them.

Belle stands and nods at me, looking like she was about to say something before shaking her slightly and going to retreat out of the room.

"May I ask you a question?" I ask before she fully slips out, Belle not leaving and staying where she was seems to be an invitation for me to ask, "J Q M?"

She seems to still, "Someone I used to know." Is her response as she straightens up, "Your mother is putting up quite a fight."

"Why would she care?" I mutter looking around the room, making sure Lucy hadn't forgotten anything, but of course she hadn't.

The door shuts and I thought Belle had simply left before a hand rests on my shoulder. "Never question a mothers love and what she will do for a child," I go to protest before she jumps back in not letting a word leave my lips, "Even the most absent of mother's, it's an instinct impossible to ignore by most. Be safe Miss Evans, everything will look up."

And with that the brunette left the room silently leaving me with my thoughts.

Another knock sounds at my door and without waiting it swings open. "Are you ready Reyes?" Brandon's voice sounds loud as I turn around.

"You're selling me." The words leave my mouth, but this time I meant for them to.

"You're perceptive." It was said almost like it was a good thing. "And yes I am, though not in the way your mind is probably going. He wants a young Reyes."

"I see so she's not what he wants."

"Oh he's taking your mother as well Miss Reyes." Brandon responds meekly, "Been searching for you for a long time."

I freeze in my spot and turn to fully look at him. "Searching?" It came out more like a whimper if anything.

For the first time in my knowing Brandon Pierce I'd never seen him freeze or him show any emotion of shock. "You don't know?"

It takes a few moments before either of us move, Brandon's the first and within moments, leaving the door wide open he's walking out of the room yelling back, "Hurry up Miss Reyes, Mr Rios is waiting."

I glare as he retreats down the hall and walk out the room watching as he disappears down the stairs. "We can't let her know." My ears perk at the voice of Tara Reyes, I start to creep up the hall quietly to see who she's talking to.

"Miss Reyes are you ready?" I spin around, expecting to see someone behind me but am greeted by the hallway.

The voice had come from the way I was heading, they were talking to Tara, as quickly as I came I walk back down the hall, going past the room and down the stairs to the foyer.

"Who's keeping who waiting again?" I can't help but mutter in the general direction of Brandon Pierce with no knowledge of if he heard me.

Until he smirked and slightly shook his head.

"Some may be tolerant of your attitude and even be amused by it, but others are not," Brandon says just loud enough for me to hear as we hear footsteps make their way down the hall. "Be careful and think well Miss Reyes."

*A/N: Whoa! What's this? An update?! I can't believe it! Hai peoples! So yeah I've finally updated and I'm so sorry if it's not good, I'm sorry if it's short, and yeah ^.^

New cover! What do you think?! Hope yous like it, I thought it was time for change. 

If you enjoyed then vote, comment and follow and don't forget to check out my other stories if you'd like ^.^

Love you all, thanks for sticking by me and talk to you's next chapter! xoxo

QUESTION FOR YOU: Where are you all from? I'm from Australia ^.^