Chapter Fourteen

*Kade*

"Kaiden."

Her voice echoes through my head as I just stare at her.

The photo had been from long before I was born, and her hair wasn't long anymore, but it was still her.

"Belle." I breathe out my brown eyes wide, "Mum?"

A sob escapes her lips and my last word and she covers her mouth with her hands, "Quickly, in in," She hurries, "They'll be doing rounds soon."

"Caius killed you." I whisper as Belle shuts the door.

"He tried," She responds just as quietly, taking my hand in hers, "But he didn't succeed, I had to hide so I worked for the Pierce's, they were lovely people, may they rest in peace."

I watch a flicker of pain go through James's eyes. "My father killed, tried to kill, your mother."

Belle turns to James and takes his hand in her other hand, "The keyword James is tried, he may believe he succeeded but he didn't. Now," She releases our hands and steps back, taking Joey in too, "We've got to find the girls, then you need to run, Rios will be here very soon to take Annalisa and Lucy,"

"Why them?" Joey speaks up for the first, a whisper in the quiet halls.

"Tara and Annalisa Reyes are what he wants, but Lucy was Annalisa's maid so she'll be going with them." Belle answers.

I wipe my hands down my face, Belle my mother was very much alive and Annalisa had met her ditching mother.

I shake my head and let my hands drops, "Are they all together?"

I frown as Belle shakes her head, "Lucy isn't with Annalisa, but Lucy will be the easiest to get." She informs us.

James takes a step forward to stand up beside me, "Lets get the girls and get out of here."

Belle leads the way up stairs and down corridors.

Joey mouths "I'm sorry." At me and points to Belle, "I didn't know." When I looked at him briefly, I shrug my shoulders.

He couldn't have known.

I look forward, catching sight of Belle's tattoo.

J.Q.M

Not M, Q, J.

Jonathon Quinn Mathis.

She loved my father considering she was apparently against tattoos.

Everything was going smoothly and calmly, but I should've realised it wouldn't stay that way. Nothing could ever be that simple.

A point proven when Belle freezes, the three of us following suit, when a two men catch sight of us, the two parties freeze. "Go tell Rios and Pierce," The taller of the two growls before a smirk crosses his face, "That Mathis and de Lamire are here."

*Annalisa*

A man I didn't recognise bursts through the door running straight for Mr Rios, stopping just before him, the older man waves his hand to get the man to talk, "Mathis and de Lamire, plus another male we don't recognise, have gotten on grounds, they had inside help with them. One of the maids."

Mr Rios immediately turns to Brandon as he glares at the younger man, "Double crossing are we Pierce?"

Brandon stands up at the accusation, "You believe that I would do that," He turns to the workman that had run in, "Where are they now?" he snaps.

"I don't know sir, I left them with Jonah but it was on the first floor." He informs.

Brandon goes silent, as though considering what his next course of action was. "Go find Lucy Pendrith, red hair, Miss Annalisa's maid. And get someone else to go find Belle Jones and send others over to my study," He lists off the instructions before turning to the three of us still seated. "We're moving to my study now."

There was no room for argument.

*Kade*

This wasn't good at all.

The man who stayed stands in the same spot, not moving at all, I keep my eyes on him as Belle turns to face me and the other two boys. "Joey and I will go down the corridor and find a red haired girl, her name is Lucy, she's who you're looking for right James." I don't know James's reaction, but I assume he nods, "James and Kaiden, I need you boys to back track to the stairs and go up, try every door up there. Get her out."

James and I were to back track but Joey and my mother were to go straight towards the man still standing there.

"Be careful." Is James's gruff response.

Belle quickly touches her hand to my arm, "Be careful my boy. And in case I don't make it take this."

I tear my eyes from the man as Belle's hand leaves my skin, she digs into her pocket and pulls out a letter.

Another damned letter.

First Anna and now my mother.

"Read it." She begs.

I take it from Belle and put it in my pocket, "You better be the one to read it to me."

And with that James tugs on my arm and we run back the way we came, running upstairs.

Shouting could be heard.

We all had to get out of this. I couldn't lose anyone else.

We open doors as we go, all rooms empty of people.

James throws open a door and we peer in, a study, a not so empty study. "She's not in here." James calls over his shoulder as the men start to walk towards us. "Go! Kaiden go!" James shoves me back just as one of the men swing for a punch.

I look at James once more as he returns the attempted hit before turning my back on him and running down the corridor to the last door.

*Annalisa*

I stand next to the window in the back of the room as Mr Rios and Brandon argue and speak with other men in the room.

Kade was here.

James and someone else was also here.

Kade.

I was torn between my thoughts being on little Shae or being on Kade, my worry for both of them as strong as the other.

Commotion can be heard just outside the door. Fighting.

I watch as a man grabs Tara by the forearm and another man grabs me as well as the doors are flung open.

*A/N soooo I don't usually switch POV in one chapter but hope that's okay, it's just for the effect of this chapter ^.^ ANYWAY please vote and comment your thoughts! I can't believe this story is coming to an end sooooooon xx*