Chapter Twenty

*Kade*

"She did not need to do it. Daddy has us under watch."

"Kade talk to me."

James groans throwing a pencil that had fallen on the floor at me, "She was never in any danger."

"Who?" James's tone turning to that of annoyance as he throws a box of staples at me this time.

I shake my head and try to get the box off me before realising my hands were securely tied behind my back to a table leg that was bolted down. "You're not tied up."

Both James and I look to his hands that were sat resting in his lap when not assaulting me with stationary. James slowly lifts his hands where the rope, meaning to bind him to the table he was sat at, hung loosely around one of his wrists.

"How," James starts pulling the rope off his wrist and dropping it to the ground before him, "Does someone mess up that badly?"

The door starts to open and James quickly thrusts his hands behind his back, it's not until the door is almost completely open that both mine and James's eyes fall on the rope meant to bind his wrists was lying in a mess on the floor by his foot. "Do something." I hiss at him as the door continues to be pushed open.

James glares at me, "What am I supposed to do?"

"Get your asses up and get out of here perhaps." Both mine and James eyes turn to the voice of Annalisa's friend Joey, "I called your friend Robin, he suggested calling Tanner." He inform as James scrambles to his feet.

In a few strides James was behind dealing with the rope around my wrist, "Why Tanner?" James grumbles giving one last tug as the rope falls away.

I stand up quickly and both James and I look at Joey before I answer, "Tanner is powerful, and you didn't see him, he worried about Anna."

Joey lets out a small cough, "Can we get out of here, your Lucy," He directs the James, "And the lady Belle are waiting for us outside. Tanner is aware of where Annalisa is,"

I start to protest before Joey shoots me a glare to keep me quiet.

"If she's survived then her best chance is Tanner sneaking in. They'll find us, it's safer for your girl, James' girl and your mother Kade."

James rests a hand on my shoulder, "Let's go home brother."