Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

*Kade*

"Grab him you idiots!" A low masculine voice calls in the background, I don't realise that the him in question actually refers to me until hands wrap around both my arms and a foot connects behind my knee forcing me to kneel down. "Go check on Miss Reyes, see if she's alive."

See if she's alive.

The hands around me tighten and shove me back down after I'd tried to get up. The same voice speaks again, "Find the others, I don't need a little de Lamire running around whilst I'm here."

James, Joey and Belle.

"Is there anyone else you want brought here Mr Rios." One of Pierce's workers that were holding me releases their hold and starts towards the door.

I glance over at the older man that he addressed, Rios presses his lips together in a tight line before letting out a dramatic sigh, "Perhaps all of the intruders as well as the little snitch would be nice, but I don't know why I'd want such a thing."

Silence followed before Brandon Pierce's man glanced in the direction of Brandon Pierce, after a silent nod from his owner he runs out the room, possibly to find the others and the outcome of Annalisa's fall. I briefly close my eyes, I don't know what I'd do if she hasn't made it through the fall.

We were up on the second floor.

The odds weren't in Anna's favour.

"Brandon do you know who this is?"

I open my eyes at Rios's voice and follow where is question was aimed to look at the man that was Brandon Pierce. Our eyes meet as he stares at me with vacant eyes. "Kaiden Mathis, we've been expecting him for weeks now but he was protecting the little Evans girl that Annalisa Reyes is so protective of."

They knew why I'd stayed behind for so long. It wasn't a secret to them.

"So the young Evans has been protected this whole time?" Rios muses, not even watching as Brandon Pierce nods in confirmation. "Well Tara it seems you worried Annalisa for nothing."

There was a slight shuffle of movement from the opposite side of the room but no words spoken from the blonde lady standing, no cowering, in the corner of the room.

"Aren't mothers supposed to cry when their daughters die, especially when it happens right before their eyes." He continues on, flashing an amused glance in Tara Reyes' direction.

A growl leaves my throat and I go to retaliate when the hand still on my arm tightens and begins to pull my arm back further, the doors are thrown open as some of Brandon Pierce's men walk in, but of all the people they had wanted to capture they only walk in shoving James ahead of them.

"Where's the others?" Gone was the bored expression, Rios wanted everything, but only one he got.

He strides straight up to the bloodied James and one of the henchmen grab a load of James's black hair making so he was looking into Rios's eyes. "Where are your companions?"

James let's a gruesome looking smirk cross his features, "Why Mathis is behind you."

Rios looks less and less amused, he looks away from James and I watch James expression cross to one of worry for a brief moment before switching back to a blank look.

"I ask again Mr de Lamire, where are your complains?" Rios asked, pronouncing each word slowly, drilling it in that this is no joking manner.

James looks at Rios in the eyes, "Good question sir, sorry I can't be more assistance."

"You always have to be a smart ass don't you."

James laughs at my statement as I give a testing tug to the rope holding my hands behind my back. "Are you really surprised?"

I shake my head as James also tests his bindings, "No." Is my simple response. "Where are they?"

James looks around the room, as far as we were concerned there was two people right outside the door and who knows how many down the hall and throughout the whole building.

"I don't know."

Is James' only answer before we fall quiet.

Rios had ordered us both to be moved to another room on the opposite side of the building to 'Prevent Mr Mathis from looking out the window, we don't want a little boy having to see a dead body of a loved one now do we?"

"She's not dead."

I don't realise I've spoken aloud until I watch  James nod slightly, "She's a fighter. If anyone's to survive that it's Evans. I'm more worried about the little one?" James continues, "Is she going to be safe?"

My heart drops, "Why wouldn't she be?"

"I over heard them talking, they were planning on setting off after Shae."

I clench my eyes shut at James's words before remembering something that Shae had told me.

"When's Lisa coming home?" 

I take the baby blue  plastic tea cup the little blonde hands me, "Not too sure, she will be at some point."

Shae 'fills' my cup with 'tea' from a pink and green tea pot. "You could be looking."

Her blue eyes meet mine before she goes back to pouring 'tea' for those of her toys that were joining us for tea.

"Your sister asked me to look after you."

Shae sits down with her own cup of 'tea' and drinks some of it, staring at me expectingly.

As I take a sip Shae speaks up again, "She did not need to do it. Daddy has us under watch."

I raise my head and lower the cup, "What do you mean Shae?"

But the little girl had already lost interest in our conversation turning to the stuffed zebra next to her.

*Heeeeeeeeey, enjoy! Don't forget to Follow, comment and vote! xx*