Chapter Four

*Kade*

“Thanks for telling us.” I hear Robin say before the door closes.

Then silence fills the apartment.

Nothing but the sounds of Rob’s and my own breathing, “I’m so sorry man.” Robin finally breaks the silence as I sit on the couch with my head in my hands.

I feel the couch dip and look up staring straight ahead, “I don’t even know what to think right now,” I admit to the man beside me, “I knew getting her back would be hard, but I thought I’d be getting her back from Tanner, but now,” I break off and stand up, running a hand through my brown hair.

Robin leans back on the couch, “Now we don’t know who’s got her,” He admits, “But we can still try and get her back.”

I turn back to look at Robin as he leans forward and links his hands together, I stay silent waiting for him to continue.

Finally he gets up and grabs a notebook and pen, “Alright so we know that Tanner’s a part of a gang, that much is confirmed.”

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, “Do you remember what gang that was?”

“Please, I read the letter that Daniel left Anna,” He gives me a dry look, “Which of us has the better memory and is the smart one? I’m the brains you’re the brawn, just go with it. Now let me think, ah huh! That’s it.” He cheers to himself as I stare at him after his little speech, “Close your mouth Kaiden, we don’t want flies.”

“Screw you Rob,”

“I’m good. Now, Tanner is a part of a gang called Jordan’s Pride, if I recall correctly Jordan’s Pride and Devil’s Blood do not get along. Some feud that none of us youngin’s even know about. But that’s all I’ve got from memory.”

I look down at my hands after Robin went silent, if that’s all we had then we didn’t have much to go by, “Tattoo?” I find myself asking without realising it.

I look up at Rob after I did to find him looking at me sadly, “I’m sorry but unless you catch them pant-less and or shirtless you don’t know. They’re sneaky, unlike Devil’s Blood where half of them have their tattoos on show.” He rolls his eyes.

We sit in silence for a few seconds before I sit up, “If Anna’s father was Devil’s Blood how did Tanner end up being Jordan’s Pride again? Their mother?”

Robin stays silent for a bit before shooting up, mumbling an almost inaudible, “Come on.” Before going into the room that had all his computers in it. “Annalisa. Evans. Tanner. Tara Reyes. Devil’s Pride. Jordan’s Blood. No that’s not right. Devil’s Blood. Jordan’s Pride. Search. Please work, oh. It worked.” The last bit sounded surprised as I watch Rob’s eyebrows rise, I took one look at the five screens before me before shaking my head.