CHAPTER 13

A life and death situation, so grave and dire
In a moment, my fate hangs on a wire
Heart races fast, my mind go blur
As one's life flashes by, so unsure

My mind was in chaos, torn between two choices, both of which seemed to lead to catastrophic consequences. I weighed the pros and cons, but the more I thought, the more confused I became. I felt trapped, like I had no choice at all. Every time I tried to make a decision, my mind would spiral out of control with thoughts of the possible outcomes. What if I made the wrong choice? What if I would end up regretting it forever? 

I felt paralyzed, unable to move forward, unable to choose. The more I thought, the more my mind seemed to spin in circles, and the more lost I felt. It was as if I was caught in a never-ending cycle of indecision, unable to break free.

As I sat there, lost in my thoughts and unable to choose a route, time appeared to stand still. It was as if I were at a fork in the road, with no road signs to guide me, and I felt like a pawn in the hands of fate. The pressure to make a decision was overwhelming, and the more I waited, the more worried I grew.

Kung pipiliin kong manahimik, hahayaan ko bang sa iba niya pa malaman at akala niya nililihim ko lang ito sa kanya? Paano kung sinabi ko, pero makikipag-break naman siya sa akin?

Two different choices, but same consequences.

I was lost in my own world, my thoughts consuming me to the point where time seemed to stand still. It felt like I had been thinking for hours, even though it had only been a few short minutes. Suddenly, I was jolted out of my reverie by the sound of someone approaching me from behind. 

“Liora?”

They spoke to me directly, and I was so startled that I didn't even register what they were saying. Fear gripped me, and even though the interruption had brought me back to reality, I was still trembling with terror from the depths of my own mind. “Alfred! You startled me!”

“Sorry, I didn't mean to do such thing. Nagulat lang ako na nakatambay ka sa labas kahit na ang karamihan ngayon ay may klase.”

“Bakit? Kayo ba, wala?”

“Nag-cut lang din ako. Hindi ko naman inaasahang tama lang yung timing ko pagkalabas para makakita ng anghel.”

I smirked. “I already have a boyfriend, sorry.”

“You mean the boyfriend who made you like a slave yesterday? Hindi ko alam ganyan ka karupok.”

“I don't. We... we ended up getting over it as we tell our apologies.”

He tsk-ed. “Madami na ako narinig na ganyan. Tignan mo, uulitin niya yan sa susunod.”

Umiling ako na natatawa. “I don't think so. He gave me flowers to tell me he's really genuine about his apology. He even used his bare hands to remove the thorns of the flower in order to not get hurt on the thorns.” Natahimik siya sa gilid ko. Mukhang nagulat talaga siya dahil matagal siyang hindi nag-salita. Natawa na lang din ako na parang baliw. “How ironic that he can give me flowers to show he's genuine aboit his apology but I can't give him an assurance that I really love him.”

Nagtatakang nilingon niya ako. “Ha? Bakit...”

“Alfred,” lingon ko sa kanya. Biglaan yata iyon dahil bigla siyang namula pero binalewala ko. “What would you feel once you've discovered that you have the same first name of your girls first love?”

“Well, I would be upset. Kasi parang hindi niya pala talaga ako minahal nang ako talaga.” Nanghina ako sa kanyang sinabi nang dugtungan niya ito. “Pero kung ang lahat ay nagkataon lang at naramdaman ko namang ako talaga ang minahal niya... I won't do a thing about it and just be with her for the rest of my life— kung minahal talaga ako. Why'd you ask?”