CHAPTER 15

Two hearts beating as one
Destined to see the rising sun
Love so strong and true
Though fate had other plans to pursue

AS I STOOD THERE, my heart racing and my palms sweating, I felt utterly terrified. The weight of the responsibility that I was facing seemed almost too much to bear. I knew that no matter what I chose to do, it would have far-reaching consequences.

Anong gagawin ko? Paano na?

The enormity of the situation was overwhelming, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I wasn't prepared for it. Every decision I considered seemed to have potential negative outcomes, and the pressure was suffocating.

As I struggled to maintain my composure, the anxiety and nerves only seemed to intensify. I felt like I was in a state of panic, and I couldn't think clearly. I was completely lost, unsure of how to proceed.

The fear and uncertainty had taken hold of me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was in over my head. The situation loomed large, and I was acutely aware of my own limitations. I knew that I needed to find a way to face my fears and make a decision, but it all felt so daunting.

Yet I know one thing to do after knowing this surreal truth: tell this to Clarence. 

Sakto nang ichachat ko na sana siya nang mauna na siyang mag-chat. Malakas na tumibok ang puso ko nang mabasa ang kanyang sinabi.

Mr. Engineer

Nakapag-paalam na ako kina Mama. Sa'n mo gusto pumunta? :))

Me

Sa bahay muna, may kailangan ako sabihin.

Importante

Hindi ba pwedeng dito na lang 'yan sa chat?

Me

Hindi ko mapapaliwanag nang mabuti sayo. Mas mabuting sa personal

And I want it now

Okay... otw.

Hindi nagtagal ay nakarating din siya. Nakita niya ako sa bandang living room namin.

“Hey... what's up?” Hindi ako sumagot dahil ang isip ko ay punong-puno ng what if. Tumabi siya sa akin sa upuan. “Sorry it took me long to be with you. Yung Papa ko kasi ay maraming naikwento. Hindi rin ako nakaalis agad—”

“Terrence.”

Napatigil siya at nagtaka. “Yes?” Nagpanic siya nang may tumulong luha sa aking mata. “Lia? What's… what's wrong? Anong—”

“Terrence, I-I… I'm pregnant,” I said before bursting into tears. Pinunas ko ang luha pero tuloy-tuloy ang pagluha nito. Him, on the other hand, was silent for a while. As if he's too shocked to say a thing.

“W-What? Y-You're…”

“I'm pregnant, Terrence. Ano nang gagawin natin? Wala naman sa plano natin na mabuntis ako, at mas lalo namang hindi natin inaasahang mangyari ito! For goodness sake, we're not even ready to have a family even though we're in the legal age! Kaya paano na? Sina Mama… Papa… madi-disappoint sila sa akin. Magagalit si Papa, Terrence. Ano nang gagawin ko?” patuloy ko sa pag-iyak. Ang pag-agos ay tuloy-tuloy na parang walang bukas.

“Wait, are you really sure you're pregnant? Paano mo nalaman?— No, I'm not asking you this just because you think I don't trust you enough about the news but to know if we really are sure about you being pregnant. Kasi baka nagpapanic tayo, hindi pala totoo.”