CHAPTER 19

The confusion gets ahead of me
How dare I thought of something so endlessly
I shouldn’t care, right?
By just thinking of it, it gives me fright

I

WAS FURIOUS at that moment because Nicole had messaged me to meet my supposed-to-meet-person urgently. ASAP as she may say.

As the elevator doors gracefully slid open, I eagerly scanned the empty space before my eyes, hoping to catch a glimpse of my awaited companion. Kung may laman ba na makakasabay. And then, in that moment, a familiar figure emerged, accompanied by a captivating scent and a pair of eyes that instantly captivated my attention.

I stopped.

I felt my heart beat faster.

My breath caught in my throat.

The words I hadn't expected to say again in years escaped my lips silently. Inaudibly.

Terrence...”

Our eyes met, and in that profound connection, time seemed to stand still. The intensity of our gaze was undeniable, as if our souls were reaching out to one another. And amidst the hushed silence, he spoke my name, his voice a gentle whisper that broke through the tension. “Lia,” he uttered, infusing the single word with a mixture of longing and familiarity. It was unexpected. For him to call my name. And I don't know, but my heart beats as I heard it after six years of not seeing him. I looked at him in the eye, and saw it being dilated. And then...

He kissed me.

He pushes me against the wall and then pins me against it, his movements are faster and rougher.. his hands are in a feverish state due to his intense desire. His lips are glued to mine and I can feel his rough breath and his rapid heartbeat. I feel like I'm getting suffocated as I take his kisses. He's like a wild animal, he doesn't stop kissing me, grabbing my hair tightly with his hand, pulling me closer to him. He opens his eyes and then looks at me, panting heavily after the intense kiss. His breath is so heavy that he seems to be hyperventilating. His face is red in the face because of the excess of adrenaline and his yes have a light tint of pink. His pupils are enlarged and shining due to the adrenaline and from the kiss. He whispered to me, still leaning over me and holding on with his hands on my shoulders.

“Lia...” He says as he stare directly in my eyes. “Can I take you to my bed?”

“LIA, WAKE up! Sabi mo iidlip ka lang!”

Napabangon ako mula sa lamesang kinakapalumbaan kanina lang. Nasa Coffee Shop kami at sinabi ko kasi kay Nicole na iidlip muna ako saglit bago ko siya kwentuhan sa nangyari kanina. Gusto ko rin sana makalimutan ang pagkikita namin ng lalaking nagngangalang Terrence kanina at idaan sa tulog. Tapos mapapanaginipan ko pa siya, na nakikipaghalikan sa akin?!

Ano ba kasi ginagawa nu'n sa Pilipinas? Akala ko ba nasa Japan siya? Akala ko ba hindi na siya maninirahan dito sa Pinas, e, bakit nandito siya? Siya ang dahilan kaya nag-Pilipinas ako!

Pero ayun na, 'di ba? Nagkita na kami... and he didn't tell me anything. He didn't totally reacted. Is it a bad or good thing? Should I celebrate if it's the latter?

I closed my eyes as I recall what really happened earlier.

We stood inches away from each other. Locking eyes as he stare at me with a cold look of haughty disdain. It just didn't express any emotion. It's just as cold as ice—katulad ng emosyon na namumuo na rin sa loob ko.

Parang hindi ako makahinga.

Akala ko ba ay nasa Japan siya? Sinabi pa sa akin ni Mama na lilipat na siya roon temporarily. Tapos... babalik lang ako ng Pinas para makita siya accidentally dito sa university kung saan kami nagkakilala at noon na...nagmahalan?