EPILOGUE

Author's Note: it has been a long journey, and di ko aakalain na matatapos at maiiaalign ko nga yung outline ko until the end. Thank you for your support, for your reads, I totally appreciate that. This book may have its flaws but wow! You made it until the end! Thank you again and see you sa next books! Ciao!

P.s.

Please be aware that this chapter includes candid discussions and explorations of the topic of abortion. The intention is to present various perspectives and foster a thoughtful dialogue. It is important to note that this content may be sensitive or triggering for some readers. Reader discretion is advised. Thank you.

--

UMALINGAWNGAW ang kanyang mura sa pang-ilang beses na pagkalikot niya sa doorknob. Sa pang-ilang ulit na iyon ay pinipilit ko ang sarili kong huwag magpa-apekto.

Mura lang yan, Lia. Parang hindi mo pa siya naririnig na mag-mura noon, ah?

Oo, nagmura siya noon. Pero... not as frequent as now... and not as vulgar now compared to before. Kung noon ay puro tagalog siya, ang anak ng tokwa ay natuto nang magmura sa Ingles. Ang pinagsamang F-word at SH-word.

But now, why would I bother to think how his cuss change from now to before? Is that what I should I mind? We got locked up! We obviously need to find a way-or I could suggest something how could we get out of here!

But of course I won't do the latter.

Another curse from him again. “Ano ba kasing ginawa mo dito at na-lock?” he said with a gritted teeth. Annoyance obviously reflects on his face.

“I-I don't know, I swear... nasarado na lang bigla 'yan nang m-maglagay ako ng libro dito sa shelf...” I didn't get any answer from him except his tsk sound.

“How careless and stupid of you to not watch everything that is happening around you,” he whispered under his breath but didn't failed to reach my ear.

One...

I calm myself down. He has the rights to be mad at me... kasi dapat alam ko... dapat hindi nangyari ito.

Kasalanan ko naman talaga ang lahat...

After a few minutes, he gave up. He fished something from his pocket and I saw it's his phone. He dialed something from there and moved away from the door to talk to who he dialed for.

“Yes...yes. Library.” He took a quick glance at me. Tumama iyon sa akin na parang yelo sa aking dibdib. Nakakapanghina. “Some people are just as ignorant as they are, ended up shutting us heresy in the stock room... yeah. Immediately. Please. May klase pa ako mamaya. Yes. Yes. Thank you, Henry. I owe you a lot. Yeah, thanks...”

Two..

After the call, he brushed his palms all over his face. Showing his frustration. I attempt on opening my mouth for am explanation...but would he care? Would he listen?

No.

So I shut my mouth for the entire silence between us. Silence enveloped the space between us, thick and heavy, as if carrying unspoken words and unexpressed emotions. It seemed to stretch on endlessly, amplifying the tension in the air. As moments ticked by, the weight of the silence became almost palpable, urging me to break it, to fill the void with words and break the uncomfortable barrier that had settled between us. But something held me back-a strange mix of fear, uncertainty, and perhaps even a flicker of hope that they would break the silence first.

And then he started pacing back and forth so sudden.

He was literally pissed now. Shaking his phone, slamming it into his fist as he mumbles, “No, no. Don't die on me, you stupid phone. Don't you dare die on me. I still need you—no, no, no, no! Don't— ah, great! The battery died! Thanks to the one who locked up us here, hindi na ako makakarating sa three remaining classes ko dahil hindi malalaman ni Henry kung saang stock room ako. Great! Just great!”