Chapter 3

I was in the Undercroft practicing the Patronus Charm. "Expecto Patronunm!" A few blueish-white sparks shot out of my wand and tumbled sadly to the floor. "Argh! Why isn't this working?" I kicked one of the pillars in frustration and immediately regretted it when pain shot through my foot. "Your memory doesn't seem strong enough. What do you think about when casting the spell?" Sebastian suddenly stood next to me. "I think of the day I got my acceptance letter for the school." Hell, I couldn't think of a better memory because it all started with the letter. "Way too weak." Sebastian thought for a moment. "Come on, I'll give you a memory to rely on." With that, he pinned me up against the pillar behind me. With one hand he made me look at him, with the other he supported himself on the pillar. "I've been wanting to do this for so long," he whispered. Lust glittered in his eyes, sending a shiver down my spine. And suddenly his lips were smashed on mine. It was an overwhelming feeling. I melted completely. Eager for more, I returned his kisses and wrapped my arms around his neck. A hand wandered into his soft hair. Sebastian let out a lustful growl, which only ignited the fire between us even more. He slid his hand down my body and pulled me even closer. Merlin, if I could have merged with him, I would have done it right now. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to explode. "Y/N!" Sebastian kept repeating my name. In Natty's voice?

"W-what?" Disappointed, I regained consciousness. Did she have to wake me up just when things were getting interesting? Natty smiled: "I'm sorry that I have to tear you out of an obviously nice dream, but otherwise you'll sleep through breakfast and we'll get our schedules today." "I don't give a shit about breakfast." I rolled onto my stomach in frustration and buried my head under the pillow "Disgusting!" Cressida threw her pillow at me. "Five galleons if you actually shit on our breakfast!" I sat up again to throw the pillow back at my neighbor and hit her square in the face. "I wouldn't show my bare ass to the school for even a thousand Galleons, let alone do my business in front of a single person. Who ist he disgusting one in here?" I tried to suppress a giggle and play dead serious, to no avail. I grinned like a donkey. The mean traitor known as my stomach let out a deafening rumble during break. Natty laughed out loud, "I think someone's asking for breakfast." We quickly got ready for the day and got dressed in our school uniforms.

On the way to the Great Hall, the smell of breakfast filled my nostrils and made my mouth water. At the bottom of the stairs, we met Poppy coming out of the basement where the Hufflepuff common room was. "Good morning," she chirped happily. After a brief welcome, we continued on our way together. This time Poppy joined us and sat to my left, Natty sat to my right and Cressida and Nellie faced us as always. I had a perfect view of the Slytherin table again. I looked to see if there was a particular head of brunette hair, but like so often, he seemed to have overslept. My thoughts kept drifting back to the dream from earlier. "Garreth! Not the pancakes too. At least give me one, you greedy bastard!" Cressida was once again fighting with Garreth Weasley for the best pieces of the buffet. They were like an old married couple. "Sure, how about this one?" Garreth licked a pancake and tossed it onto Cressida's plate. "Now, that is more like this. Do you think your saliva is keeping me from enjoying this sweet, fluffy treat? You better think twice, Weasley!" Cressida laughingly shook her head, her curls bouncing like crazy. She stuck her pink tongue out at the redhead and stuffed the first piece of pancake into her mouth. "Disgusting," I giggled, echoing my friend's words from earlier, and caught a kick in the shin. Cressida had a massive crush on Garreth for like forever, just hadn't had the courage to admit it to him yet. But who am I to talk?

I was just shoving a massive forkful of scrambled eggs in my mouth when Sebastian shuffled into the Great Hall. He was definitely anything but a morning person. His hair was a mess, the green and silver striped tie on his uniform hung at half past seven, and the top buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. What a handsome mess. On his way to the Slytherin table, his gaze wandered through the hall. When our eyes met, he smiled and my dream from this morning shot into my head again. My heart skipped a beat, my stomach was one big tingling mess and I choked on my egg, so that half of it ended up back on my plate. "Yuk!" Nellie jumped up from her seat and Natty and Poppy backed away half a meter from me as well. Sebastian, on the other hand, seemed to be laughing to himself into his non-exiting beard, because his shoulders were shaking and his eyes were highly amused. This was infinitely embarrassing. I wouldn't mind disappearing right here, right now! I buried my face, which must have turned bright red again, in my hands. "Y/N, please do me a favor and eat slowly." Natty brushed my scrambled eggs off her gray pleated skirt. "I would if Garreth wouldn't eat it all by himself," I joked. Said redhead's jaw dropped. "Not you too! I'm growing, for Merlin's sake." He pointed down at himself. "Besides, those muscles need to be fed, too." "What muscles," Nellie teased while continuing to eat as if she hadn't destroyed our friend with her words two seconds ago. The teasing went on as we continued eating until we were stuffed.

"Sixth graders, please!" Professor Garlick called our class over to hand out our schedules. We gathered in a large cluster around the young herbology teacher, who began distributing the schedules. "Hey," came a familiar voice from behind me, making me jump. Still embarrassed by my scrambled egg volcano, I turned to Sebastian. "Hey," I replied, trying to keep my cool. The Slytherin eyed me. Suddenly, his hand moved towards my face.

Merlin, what's happening here? Right in front of everyone else? My knees went weak like butter that's been sitting in the sun for too long and my heart was pounding like it was about to burst out of my chest. Sebastian's hand reached my hair. Grinning, he explained to me: "You still have scrambled eggs in your hair. Did you want to save something for later?" "So what? A little eggy hair is the perfect snack between meals." Not taking his eyes off me, the brunette flicked the egg off his fingertips. "Yuck, what was that?" The egg seemed to have hit Leander Prewett in his neck. Sebastian and I suppressed our laughter. "Aaah, Miss Y/LN! How nice to see that you seem interested in becoming an Auror." I hadn't realized that all the other students had already disappeared behind me when Professor Garlick spoke to me. I quickly turned around and smiled at the redhead: "It's quite an interesting job." "Your talent shouldn't be wasted at a desk." The Herbology professor handed me my schedule and turned to Sebastian beside me. "And Mr. Sallow. You also seem to want to become an Auror. According to my knowledge, you are the best duelist in the school, so, that's less surprising." "Second best," I corrected, reminding Sebastian of his loss to me on my first day at Hogwarts. "I just didn't want to discourage you on your first day. I obviously let you win." Sebastian crossed his arms over his chest and smiled at me confidently. "Aaaw. Boohoo, Sallow." Meanwhile Professor Garlick had moved on to other classmates, chatting with them about their future plans. I studied my timetable curiously. "Let's see. I've got Defense against the Dark Arts first. What about you?" "I also have the pleasure of Professor Hecat. I would ask you to go together, but I still have something to do. I'll see you there." He turned and saw his best friend. "Ominis, wait for me!" With that he ran after the blind boy and disappeared from my sight as the two descended the stairs towards the dungeon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, it took a week. Covid had me chained to my bed and not in the sexy kind of way...