Chapter 37

Anne's eyes grew huge as the door appeared on the wall. "What in Merlin's name is that?" she asked in surprise. "This, Anne, is the Room of Requirement." Sebastian put an arm around her shoulders. "It adapts to the seeker's needs," I explained, linked arms with Ominis and led the way with him. "Now it's adapted to Y/N's need for an undisturbed place to study," Sebastian added. "Really?" Ominis raised an eyebrow and grinned mischievously. "No place for you two to retreat so you can sha..." I elbowed the blonde Slytherin in the ribs, causing him to let out a sharp breath. "Be careful what you say, or I'll throw you off the Astronomy Tower," I warned him. Sebastian, behind me, laughed. "You better listen to her. She's serious." "And let me guess: you'd be the first to stand downstairs with a box of Bertie Bott's in your hand and cheer her on," Ominis threw over his shoulder to Sebastian. "You guessed right," he replied with an audible grin. Anne audibly sucked in a breath. "It's huge here," she marvelled. I laughed briefly and stopped so that Anne could look around a bit. "That's just a fraction," I explained, grinning. The Slytherin turned to me, her mouth hanging open. "You're kidding." Sebastian stood next to me and put an arm around my waist. "No," he confirmed. "We have our own little world here." "You can visit at any time," I added. Sebastian stiffened next to me. "Well... Let's say almost any time, okay?" He gave me a meaningful look, and my face became very hot. "No worries. I wasn't going to listen to you guys having sex," Ominis countered, rolling his glassy eyes. "Can we please not talk about our sex life?" Shaking my head, I slapped Sebastian on the shoulder and received a mischievous laugh from him. I rolled my eyes playfully and took his hand. "Come on, there's something I really need to show you."

I led the small group to my meadow vivarium. As we walked through the gate, two puffskeins curled up and rolled away across the meadow. "You took in beasts here?" Anne asked in surprise. I nodded. "I saved her from poachers. I have four vivariums in total. Each adapted to the needs of the creatures." "That's incredible." Anne watched the puffskeins rolling around in the grass a few metres away. Ominis came next to me and looked questioningly in my direction. "Does Poppy know about this?" "Not yet. But I'll initiate her soon. She should finally see Cloudwing again." I took a few steps forward so that I had enough space and whistled. In response, there was a shrill scream, and a gigantic bird could be seen soaring into the sky from a distance. The phoenix glided gracefully toward us, and I held out my arm for it to sit down. "Is that a phoenix?" Anne's voice trembled with excitement. "May I introduce Cinders?" With the red bird on my arm, I turned to the three Slytherins and stroked the soft feathers of Cinders' chest. "He was supposed to be sold on the black market, but I had a say in that too." Cinders fluffed up his fiery red feathers and squeaked happily. I carefully took a few steps towards Anne so that the phoenix could take a look at her. Cinders tilted his head and extended his beak towards the brunette. Anne's hand trembled as she reached out to him. Suddenly, she jumped and screamed. "Anne!" Ominis and Sebastian shouted in unison and rushed to her side. Anne held her stomach and sank into the grass, her face contorted in pain. Ominis and Sebastian each knelt next to her. Both boys' faces were filled with concern, and Sebastian placed a hand on his sister's back to calm her. "It's okay," she said in a rough voice. "Are you sure? You still seem to be in pain. Do you need anything?" Sebastian stroked Anne's back. He was obviously apprehensive about her. "I'm fine!" she snapped, giving him a venomous look. Her brother lowered his hand and looked at her like a kicked dog. "Sorry," she sighed. "You don't always have to worry about me like that, Sebastian. Maybe you should think about yourself, too." Sebastian shook his head. "You come first, then everything else." "Nice that Y/N and I seem to count as everything else," Ominis joked. "You know what I mean," Sebastian replied, after which Ominis just rolled his pale eyes. "And you know what I mean." "Whatever," I interrupted, crouching down in front of Anne. Cinders was still sitting on my arm.