Tokoyami

DON'T TRUST A SHADOW
Yandere ! tokoyami x reader
━━

Perhaps it was a bad idea. Maybe even a stupid idea. You weren't very sure. But you felt like you could trust him.

He was your friend.

A childhood friend at that.

But he's been acting weird. Too weird. He talks to random shadows. His eyes staring right at them, making casual conversation.

Was that normal?

Did his quirk allow him to do such a thing?

It scared you.

If only a little. But you tried to push those thoughts away. He was your friend, that was what you would remind yourself daily.

Besides, going to a school as such as U.A. and fighting off villains every now again must be stressful.

So,

If talking to shadows wasn't part of his quirk then it had to be stress! It had to be.

"Y/n."

"Hmm?"

His eyes watched you carefully. You couldn't hide your uneasiness as class came to an end and everyone started to file out the door to most likely head back to the dorms.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing! All's good here!"

You laughed lightly and hurried to pick up your belongings. You couldn't place it, but you distinguished the impossible urge to just get out of there.

"I'll see you later Tokoyami!"

He narrowed his eyes. See you later indeed.

.
.
.

Back in your dorm room, you turned on all the lights you had. Your back then flopping onto your soft mattress, the sheets and covers cushioning you as you stared up at the ceiling.

I should really stop avoiding Tokoyami..., but he's been acting so odd lately.

Maybe I'm stressed too...

Your eyes slowly drifted closed until darkness swallowed you whole.

And soon enough, you were out for hours on end until night soon engulfed the city.

"Urh, what time is it," you groggily mumbled. Your eyes shifting over to your nightstand.

It wasn't until you said that, that you noticed all the lights in your room were turned off and that you couldn't see your nightstand or alarm clock either. It was far too dark for some reason.

You weren't the type to get easily scared, but you would remember if you turned a light off or not.

"What the-"

"Stay right there, y/n."

You froze.

Your eyes trying to search out in the darkness, but your eyes couldn't adjust for some reason. You reached out, and it felt like your fingers could run through the darkness itself. Grab it even.

Is this-?

"Tokoyami! Let me out!"

You kicked and punched, but to no avail, dark shadow wouldn't let you out.

All the while Tokoyami stood in her room, watching her struggle.

Tokoyami sighed, and forced the shadow to engulf you more, silencing your cries easily.

"The shadows will keep you safe. I don't know why you've been avoiding me as of late, but this...this will surely keep you from looking away from me."