Young Tonowari x reader

sad, kinda fluff

Being with Tonowari was magic, when we were together it's like nothing else mattered, like whatever happens it would always be me and him.

We're promised to each other, I would be the next Tashìk and him the Olo'eyktan. All was great in my life until I woke up one morning. Feeling lazy I decided not to get up. Next day was the same and the day after that soon it was a week. My duties put on hold as I slept the whole day and cried the the whole night.

A soft hand shook me awake, Tonowari? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be hunting with the others today. I'm just checking up on you, mother says you haven't been coming to training lately. Is everything alright ma love?

Honestly I had no idea what was going on, I haven't eaten in a week or left my home, my mood has changed lately I can't seem to stop sleeping and I'm irritated all the time but feel like crying.

Everything is fine, I think I'm just sick or
Something. Putting on a fake little smile so I didn't worry him, should I have my mother take a look at you? No no that won't be necessary really it's alright.

Unsure of my state he didn't leave, he stay with me for a couple days it was nice at first but later in the days I'd get so annoyed of him, I
wanted to be left alone but then I wanted company. I wanted someone to tell me how much they loved me but not him, I didn't wanna hear him tell me anything just gone.

I have guilt growing inside me, I do love him and there's no one else I want yet he makes my blood boil.

Three weeks and I'm weak, haven't left my home nor have I eaten much, feeling bloated I laid back on the food, only drinking water. Soon I wanted no company at all, and Tonowari was left with a miserable y/n trying his best to be there for me yet I pushed him away each time he tried to ask what was bothering me.

One day I got out of bed, removing the covers I looked down at my stomach, being bloated more than usual, maybe I drank to much water?

Tonowari came in with food, but put it down when he saw me up and standing. Y/n are you alright? You um well do you feel sick maybe?

I don't really know, I looked down at my stomach staring at it as it got bigger then last time I saw it. My stance became wobbly and my mind left with nothing, no thoughts or feelings to be seen.

That's enough of this, I'm bringing you to mother and that's final. I looked at him with lost eyes, as if I were confused.

He held me close to his body as he walked me
over to the healing hut shoeing the other who were in it away.

Mother something is wrong with y/n and she doesn't seem to be present and look her stomach! She's barely eaten yet it's bloated more then ever. She won't get up or talk to me, she feels weak and her mine. She says she has no idea what's going on.

Bring her here boy, taking me into her arms looking at my eyes then down at my belly, laying me down to examined my body from head to toe. I had no expression on my face,
I had no feelings frankly I wanted to leave and sleep.

So I did, closing my eyes shut I peacefully drifted off. Yet someone kept waking me up over and over again.

Gosh how many times am I gonna wake up? Gasping was heard form Tonowari's mother.

My son! She is with child! But I'm afraid she's ill, she is feeling a depression, sadness without feeling. It's normal for this to happen but it's different.

I am worried for her and the baby, she's about 5 weeks into her pregnancy. And you said she hasn't eaten much? Barely any water or walking? Only sleeping in.

That's very bad for her health and the baby's, we must help her at once.

As I heard those words leave her mouth my heartbeat grew fast, and sweat became visible on my forehead.

Tonowari! I yelled my mates name as I burned with heat not knowing where it came from. My skin hot as the sun and my body wet like the sea, I had no idea what was going on with me.

He ran over to me rushing down by my side, his eyes roamed my body with worry feeling the heat coming out of me.

I- I don't feel so good...

My eyes shut slowly, they blurred as I only saw two blue blobs in my view before fully shutting them tight.

Tonowari's pov.

7 months later, my mate is dead and my baby is crying as I try to sleep. Night after night he cries for his mother who's never coming back, I try and stay strong for him and the clan but sometimes I just can't.

I see my sister and her mate  happy with their child, a beautiful little girl happy to have both her parents present.

I keep thinking back at the day I lost the love of my life. She drifted into a coma, her body was hot and sweaty and she was weak with our child inside her.

Not waking up my mother tried her best but it seemed eywa wasn't ready to let go, days went by as I stayed by her side and my mother tending to her baby which was growing fast. Weeks and months and yet no sign of her waking up.

Finally it's 7 and a half months later, as I came to check on her I notice a liquid underneath her body, worried something had happened I called for my mother who came running in to see the matter.

.Flashback.

My son! She's about to give birth!

But how is that possible, there's no one to push the baby out!

I know....

We will have to cut her open, it's the only way for the baby to live.

No! She will die!

You don't have a choice y/n isn't waking up and your baby will die as well if we don't act now! Is that what you want Tonowari?

Both the baby and y/n to die?

I.... no I just I can't do this — I can't live without my y/n and my baby needs their mother.

They need their father too Tonowari, do not be selfish!

Very well....do what you must.

.End.

My son made it out alive and healthy, y/n.... Her body couldn't handle it leaving her to bleed out from her stomach.

She was gone, taken from me and all I had left was our baby. As much as I hurt inside I made a vow to protect him from anything that would come to harm him even if it meant seeing y/n once more in death with eywa.

I walked over to my son as he lay crying for his mother, tears came down my face as I picked him up in my arms rocking him back and fourth carefully.

As I looked into his eyes my heart skipped a beat, seeing my beautiful y/n in him I knew then and there she never truly left me, and that this was eywa's gift for keeping y/n with her.

The END