33- Out of your league

let's rewind back a little, shall we?

...↺

"thanks for offering to walk me home," hyejin said to jaemin as they were walking to her home. jaemin nodded his head indicating a 'your welcome' to her.

hyejin started to chuckle a bit, jaemin arched his eyebrow at the girl, "what?"

hyejin shook her head slowly looking at the floor while she continued to giggle, "nothing," jaemin just shrugged thinking it was nothing until she finally told him, "jaemin, what do you see in chaewon? I mean she's cool and all but a junior?" she said nonchalantly.

jaemin jerked his head a little, he found the question odd, "what is there not to love about her?"

"not to be cocky or anything but she's way out of your league."

"what would you possibly know? you just transferred to this school like 2 weeks ago" jaemin said icily to the girl. he started to walk faster than hyejin.

hyejin grabbed jaemin's wrist making him stop in his tracks, "jaemin, you know I didn't mean that right?" she said eyes racking all over his face, "were friends"

"friends don't say that about others," he said letting go of her grip and walking away from her.

"jaemin, wait. i know what's going on with the two of you, " she screamed catching his attention of him.

jaemin started to walk back slowly to her, "what do you mean you know what's going on?"

hyejin scoffed, "you really think I'm that dumb, do you? you're using her to get back with daeun."

"hyejin, what are you even talking about?"

the girl raised an eyebrow up and crossed her arms, "stop playing dumb jaemin, you're using her," the blue-haired boy scoffed and crossed his arms, "get a grip jaemin, during that argument or whatever you had over that boy that liked her, you lashed out on her."

jaemin chuckled coldly, "you weren't even transferred here when that happened, so how can you possibly know?"

"i find out in ways you won't wanna know, we can go on about this forever."

jaemin put his hands by his sides and sighed, "fine, you got me hyejin. just please, keep it between you and me."

hyejin's lips curved into her signature smile, "i don't work for free," she said as her eyes lit up, her eyes averting to jaemin's lips at times.

hyejin looked back at the boy, her lips in a smile. she leaned in closer to jaemin, this time they were close, really close. she smiled yet again before going in to kiss him. jaemin let her kiss him not kissing her back, hyejin started to wrap her arms around him. this time making jaemin kiss her back while he had his hands on her waist

hyejin broke up the kiss, "let's keep this between us." she said as she smiled. jaemin pulled her face towards his again and with his two hands he leaned into her face. the kiss was passionate and affectionate.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

I can't comprehend my happiness for 1k read on this book. Thank you to everyone who is voting on my story and who stayed despite the slow updates at times! I love you guys from the bottom of my heart. <3