VI. Seventh Grade

Chapter 6,
    Seventh Grade
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The first day of seventh grade is here, the sun was beaming through the opened curtains of Nicki's room, which woke her up before the alarm. Andrea had stood the night as she wanted to do Nicki's hair, Charlie, Davie, and Adrienne would be coming over so that they could walk to school together. This felt like a coming of age movie, Andrea went to brush her teeth while Nicki got dressed, before they switched roles and Nicki was brushing teeth while Andrea got dressed.

  "Sit down so that I could do your hair, please." Andrea spoke as she grabbed Nicki's hair products from the bathroom.

  Nicki obeyed and sat down at her vanity, the young girl had light curls, that looked beautiful both wet and dry. Andrea was in heaven, as she wet her hair with the spray bottle before grabbing her comb to make the middle part. Holding the brush as she grabbed a big glob of gel, plopping it down on Nicki's hair before smoothing it down with the brush. As she put her hair into a ponytail, Nicki put on her bracelets and rings.

  "Could you believe we are one year away from being eighth graders?" Davie asked as she barged into the room, her outfit looking more than just amazing.

  In came Charlie, and Adrienne as they held onto their book bags while they took a seat on Nicki's bed. 

  "I am more than just in disbelief, believe it or not." Andrea responded as she moved away from Nicki, since she finished doing her hair.

  All the girls looked gorgeous, their outfits were definitely stylish, and it looked nothing like what they would have normally worn last year. That was the beauty of exploring new things, and changing yourself, you step out of your comfort zone and find things that you truly love. Each girl took turns looking in Nicki's full length mirror, checking themselves out before leaving the bedroom to start walking to school. 

 "Wait, wait, wait! I forgot something in my room, I'll be right back." Nicki stammered as she rushed up the stairs.

  Nicki frantically searched around her room before her eyes landed on her Polaroid camera, she grabbed it off of her night stand before rushing down the stairs with a big smile on her face. Nicki loved taking photos of everything, especially the first day of school photos, they were always a core memory for someone to have when they grow up. 

 "Ma, do you think you could take a photo of us for my photo album?" Nicki asked as her mother took a sip of coffee from her mug.

  Without saying anything, Margaret walked over to the girls and grabbed the camera with a smile on her face. She was proud of her daughter and her daughter's friends, they have known each other for so long that they were considered as her daughters. One click, and the flash went off before the photo began to come out of the camera.

  "Have a great first day girls, and stay out of trouble!" Margaret shouted as the girls rushed out of the house.

  Little did she know that her daughters would be the one causing the trouble, wouldn't that be such a plot twist for her.