XIX. Who Asked For Your Opinion

Chapter 19,
    Who Asked For Your Opinion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going insane for this man!" Nicki screamed as Tom Cruise popped up on the TV screen, her and Davie watched 'Top Gun'.

  It was almost time for Spring break, this year was going by really fast and before the girls could even process it or realize it, they were going to be eighth graders. The sun was slowly going down, but it was the weekend, and luckily, Davie's mom is very chill and didn't mind what the girls did as long as they were safe. 

  "Do you want to call the girls up and hang out at the park?" Davie asked, as she made her way to her landline.

  Nicki only nodded her head as she watched her best friend dial Andrea's number first, then Charlie, and then Adrienne. They were all willing to go to the park and legit do nothing, it may sound boring now but when you actually experience nothingness with your friends. The two girls put their sneakers on and walked out of the bedroom.

  "Mom, we're going to go to the park and hang out with the rest of the group, if that's okay with you?" Davie asked as she looked at her mom, hoping that she would get permission to go.

 Like stated before the girls respect their parents, and would not go against their wishes if they weren't allowed to do anything. Luckily, Davie's mom nodded her head and told them they needed to be back before midnight. Not wanting her to change her mind last minute, both of the girls rushed out of the front door and ran down the street.

 "Wait why are we running?" Nicki asked as she desperately tried to keep up with her best friend, who also had no idea as to why they were running.

  "No idea, but I feel like I'm in a horror movie!" Davie shouted, as she began to run faster, causing Nicki to pick up her pace. 

  Running at night, while pretending you're either in a horror movie or in a comfort movie was literally the best thing ever. It gives you a lot of motivation and it's just a fun thing to do whenever you're bored. Finally arriving at the park, Davie and Nicki were out of breath, panting like dogs who have been running for hours at a time. 

  "Why the fuck are y'all out of breath?" Adrienne asked as she got on the swings, looking at the girls confused. 

 "Davie thought it would be amazing for us to run over here because she wanted to pretend she was in a horror movie." Nicki said breathlessly as she walked over to the empty swing next to Adrienne.

  Davie laughed a little bit before joining the two girls on the swings, Andrea and Charlie were playing around on the seesaw. 

  "That sounds like a dumb idea, if you ask me." Adrienne added as she began to swing higher and higher.

  Nicki laughed, as she looked over at Davie who seemed to be thinking of a good comeback.

  "Well I didn't ask for your opinion, Adrienne." Davie laughed, not being able to take herself seriously.

  Adrienne laughed as well before Charlie and Andrea approached them, getting on the last two remaining swings, before asking to race to see who could go the highest. As Nicki looked at her best friends, she realized she was surrounded by dumb asses, but they were her dumb asses and she wouldn't trade them for world. Probably for Tom Cruise, but never for the world.