XX. I'm Starting To Believe Them

Chapter 20,
    I'm Starting To Believe Them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Although the girls have expressed that the boys must prove to them that they have officially changed and they weren't just saying that to get the girls to trust them again, it was so obvious that they had already believed them. There's no shame in forgiving so easily, that's almost everyone's weakness, meaning they shouldn't feel bad for it. The only person that they felt like he would never change was Brandt, he didn't have that urge to change for the better for Nicki, it was only out of luck that the girl was opening her eyes to that. Finally seeing what her friends have been seeing since the sixth grade.

  "I feel like they truly are changing, Alex gave me a rose after the show." Adrienne smiled, as she began to blush as she remembered how he approached her so sweetly.

  Adrienne was on the cello, and although most people don't really pay attention to the people who play cello, Alex seemed as if he couldn't remove his eyes from the girl. He felt like his heart was going to burst at the sight of her eyes lighting up when he handed her the single rose, it was at that moment he knew he needed to be the better person for not only himself but for her as well.

  Dustin and Andrea were going well as well, he seemed to be voicing his compliments to her, something he usually never did before. Praising her whenever she did something that made both of them happy, what was the icing on the cake was when he apologized formally for his idiocy last year and begged to be forgiven. It was something about boys and men begging to be forgiven for the mistakes that made Andrea's knees buckle, she loved it.

  Sam and Charlie were obviously going amazingly as she was hanging out with him every other day, he was just trying to fit in with his friend group but realized he was in the wrong, and also apologized. He was always maturing before his friend group, and he never had an issue with accepting the fact he was an asshole who needed to fix his mistakes.

  Shuji and Davie used to be on the fence with each other, only because she wasn't sure if he was truly serious about changing. That all changed when he walked her home after school, and kissed her cheek, wishing her a good evening before walking to his house. She thought she was in a fairy tale, once she processed what had happened fully, she wasted no time in calling her best friends to fill them in. 

  "Nicks, how are things with you and Brandt?" Davie asked as she wrapped her arm around the quiet girl's shoulder,

  "Not as amazing, but that's fine. He's a douche and I'm not, it wouldn't work well." Nicki responded, she wasn't wrong and she knew that.

  "Sorry Nicki." Adrienne apologized as she realized that Brandt truly wasn't going to change for the better.

  Except, Nicki shook her head and smiled softly, she was more or so focused on her best friends' happiness and how their relationships were going so far.

  "The point is, I think that they are changing for the better." Nicki added on, changing the topic from her and Brandt into a whole thing.

  Andrea nodded her head, eventually this plan was just going to fail as they ended up thinking with their hearts instead of with their brains which could go of two ways;

 They could get lucky and the boys truly changed.

 Or they get played again and realized how stupid it was of them to have ever let their guards down for them once again.