XXI. Butterflies and Flowers, Oh My!

Chapter 21,
     Butterflies and Flowers, Oh My!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Spring break was only a week away, and the girls were brainstorming things they wanted to do with their free time, which turned out to be a lot more difficult than they had ever imagined. One idea was to just catch up on sleep and their favorite TV shows, while the other was to hang out all day every day and appreciate the nice warm weather. Compromising, the girls decided that they would waste their break on rethinking their plan and burn the book, as they officially called the plan off.  It was going to be like a ceremony, where they would gather around in Andrea's backyard, say a few words and then burn the book as they said their goodbyes to their revenge.

 "Should we just do it now, and get it over with?" Charlie asked as the bell rang, which meant it was time to go home.

  Luckily this last period had all the girls in it, which meant they didn't need to fill each other in any new found ideas. Walking out of the classroom, they agreed to burn the book today at Andrea's house. Andrea stopped by her locker, as putting her notebooks inside before slamming it shut.

 "I think we should have a speech before burning the book." Charlie suggested, treating this as if this was a funeral, which it most definitely was not.

 "Burn what book?" A voice questioned, causing the group of girls to turn around, there stood Becca not minding her business.

  "Mind your business Becca, nobody is talking to you." Adrienne stuck her tongue out before shooing her away with her hands.

 The group of girls decided they would go to their own homes, dress in funeral-like outfits, nobody died but their plan did and they were going to give it a proper cremation. Nicki walked down the street but was stopped by Brandt, who seemed to have been trying to catch up with her for quite some time already. He held onto purple tulips, as he tried to catch his breath.

  "Brandt, you good?" Nicki asked, to which he nodded before getting his breath under control, he smiled at her.

  "I got these for you, I remember you ranting about your favorite flowers last year, so I uhm, I got you some." Brandt admitted as he handed the flowers over to the shocked girl.

   As she accepted the flowers, Nicki leaned closer and pressed her soft lips against Brandt's cheek, the connection sparked something in Nicki's stomach as butterflies came alive. She smiled at the boy before walking away as her face began to redden as if she were a tomato, maybe Brandt is changing. What shocked her the most was how he remembered her favorite flowers from one tiny rant last year, she was sure he would have forgotten, considering his feelings for her were never real.

  The littlest things matter, and it shows, Nicki was sure to tell her friends about the flowers and how she suspects that he is changing alongside his best friends. If he was actually changing, then she couldn't wait to see what else he would remember other than her favorite flowers.