prologue

Ada Potter was sat in the great hall picking at her food, trapped in her own mind the events of the Triwizard tournament was haunting her, the image of Cedric Diggory getting killed ran around her head like a broken record. The girl was sat a the Slytherin table with her friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley and her boyfriend Mattheo Riddle. It was the only place she felt welcome.

A lot of people were against the girl when she announced that the dark lord was back. It's like all the efforts to keep everyone safe the past years meant nothing. Things were getting worse by the second, labeled a liar and an attention seeker by the daily profit, the headmaster ignoring her, not like she cares she doesn't like the man though now Voldemort is back she would like to know how to go forward, wanting to know everything about the one she's suppose to defeat, but nothing. The new DADA professor Delores Umbridge or as Ada calls her Umbitch torturing her with her blood quills. People looking at her with suspicion like she was about to kill them all, the nightmares that have been hunting her sleep only letting her get 2 hours tops and to top off everything an unexplainable anger taking control of the girl.

The Ravenclaw table looked at the girl with sadness, they worked out that she wouldn't kill the boy and probably couldn't. She was a forth year and Cedric was a seventh, he knew more spells so he would have been able to defend himself. The Ravenclaws were smart i mean of course they are but the thing is they don't openly support or defend her, they just watch as the girl gets tormented.

The Hufflepuff table were on a 50/50 split some of them believed the girl to be a liar yet these are mainly the younger years. The older years knew who Ada Potter was , she was just a sweet and kind girl who definitely wouldn't hurt anyone let alone kill Cedric. They also knew what Cedric was like, he was a smart and loyal boy, that's why he was a Hufflepuff, the boys loyalty would turn into bravery at times and if the dark lord was back they knew he wouldn't hesitate to help the small girl. They also made the mistake in the girls second year when they didn't believe her about the chamber of secrets, thinking she'd attack the muggle born's when her mother was a muggle born herself. The Hufflepuffs didn't really notice the bullying the girl went through, they were too consumed in their own grief for the one they lost.

The Slytherins were known as the evil house yet they were the only ones to defend the girl. They matured over the years now realizing the bullying they put her through was wrong, she never did anything to them yet they still hurt her. Even Draco Malfoy stopped bullying the girl, they use to have a petty rival but they both apologized to each other and are now civil, the boy even apologized to Hemione and Ron. The more they got to know the girl the more they realized that she was a snake just like them and they will protect on of there own. Spite Ravenclaw being labeled as the smart house they were just as smart the Slytherins could feel the power radiating off Ada which made them respect her.

The house also knew not the trust anything the daily profit says due to it being run by the ministry who they despise. The ministry was putting their parents into Azkaban calling them death eaters yet over half were innocent. So many families were ripped apart just because they were Slytherins.

Now the Gryffindors, they took things to another level, spite knowing the girl for 5 years none of them believed her, her own house didn't believe her crazy right. The only ones who did was the Weasleys, Hemione and Neville Longbottom. They wouldn't stop bullying, hexing and talking about her yet they still did all that whilst shunning her, she wasn't welcome. The girl couldn't sleep in her own dorm without being tormented, so she stayed in the room of requirement just to get some peace. Everyone made everything 10x worse for her, she couldn't trust anyone, how could you know someone for that long and then just believe some stupid paper.

Something that her friends noticed is that she rarely spoke especially in class, she use to be all bubbly and sassy with her friends but now there's nothing the only time she would speak out was when she snapped at a professor. They also noticed that she never smiled, she'd give a fake smile here and there but even that was rare, the last time the three saw her smile was when she saw her godfathers.