eighteen

Ada draws her wand as she steps onto the floor again and walks forward. Up ahead, she sees a circular door with seven snake-shaped locks on it, and steps towards it and speaks Parceltongue. An eighth snake slithers out from the door's mechanical hinge, and slithers along the door's edge, causing the other seven snakes to retract one by one. As the snake slithers back into the hinge, the door slowly opens. She steps forward; on the other side is the Chamber of Secrets.

Ada takes a deep breath and cautiously steps through the door, into the Chamber, towards the ladder in the doorway.As the door slowly closes behind her, Ada climbs down the ladder and walks down the corridor. Looking ahead, she sees Ginny lying motionless at the end of the Chamber. She is clutching Tom Riddle's diary.

The whole Weasley family takes a sharp breath, Molly holds on to her daughter tighter than before. Arthur holds his little girls hand. Ginny has tears in her eyes. She never really talks about what happened in her first year, all she wanted to do was forget it ever happened, like it was all a bad dream. But it did, it happened, it took months for the nightmares to die down. Every night she could hear Tom's voice in her head till the tears would start falling.

Ginny hadn't had a nightmare about the incident, that's what she calls it, in about a year. But she knows, she just knows that they will come back to haunt her, plague her dreams once again. She never knew what she looked like in the chamber and she was glad she didn't. But now she knows and she couldn't take her eyes off of herself. Ginny Weasley looked dead. And that image will be forever burned in her brain.

The whole incident terrified her. There was a reason to why her boggart was Tom Marvolo Riddle.

"Ginny." Ada runs to her, drops her wand and gets on her knees. "Ginny. No, Ginny. Please don't be dead. Wake up. Wake up! Please wake up. Come on little Weasley." Her voice cracks at the last sentence.

Suddenly, Tom Riddle walks out of a nearby doorway. "She won't wake." Ada recognizes his voice and turns toward him. Riddle walks to her. "Tom? Tom Riddle? What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...?"

"She's still alive, but only just."

"Are you a ghost?"

"A memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years." Tom explains.

Ada reaches out and touches Ginny "She's as cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up." While Ada's not looking, Riddle bends down and picks up Ada's wand from where she left it "You've got to help me, Tom. There's a Basilisk."

"I have a feeling he won't help." Seamus says as Dean rolls his eyes "No shit."

"It won't come until it's called."Ada looks up to see Riddle holding her wand and stands up "Give me my wand, Tom."

"You won't be needing it."

"Umm I kinda do. Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Ada. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." Ada looks at him, confused. "Yes, Ada. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." Ginny is shown standing in front of the sink in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom as it opens.

People gasp at the revelation, they look at the ginger girl, some with disgust, some with untrust, they couldn't believe it. Ginny never meets anyone's eye, her face held so much guilt, though she was innocent, just a foot solider, she still hurt people.

"No. She couldn't. She wouldn't." Ada wouldn't accept it. Little Ginny Weasley, the girl who squeaked and ran away in shyness when she saw Ada for the second time wouldn't hurt anyone. Not willingly anyways."