seven

The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Ada is twirling her food on a fork nervous for her first quidditch game. "Take a bit of toast, mate, go on."
"Ron's right, Ada. You're gonna need your strength today."

"I'm not hungry."

"She's just like James." Sirius whispers over to Remus receiving a small nod in agreement. The amount of times they had to force feed the man because he was scared he was going to mess up was concerning.

Snape appears at the table. "Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." Snape walks off, limping. Ada notices this.

"That explains the blood." She mutters "Blood?"

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping. Well that's one of my theory's anyways."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret."

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants."

Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very large, long parcel. She drops it off at the table. "Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione says confused looking at the parcel. "But I-I never get mail."

"Let's open it."

They open it to reveal a broomstick. "It's a broomstick!"

"NoO WaY. ReAlLy" Ada mocks herself it was obviously a broomstick. "No wonder your not in Ravenclaw bambi." Ada looks over to Sirius with a blank look, "Are you saying I'm stupid?"

Sirius' eyes widen comically and starts to stutter much to the amusement of everyone, "N-no NO no, I'd never say that. Of course your smart. The smartest person ever. I've never met anyone smarter, I- I- I'll shut up now." He says bowing his head.

"That's not just any broomstick, Ada." Ron says recognizing the model "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

"But who...?"She notices Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. She smiles and Ada nods.

"Thank you Minnie." She smiles

Later on, inside a Quidditch tower. The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door. "Scared, Ada?" Oliver askes noticing the girl looks slightly pale. "A little."

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?"

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later."

"Ah yes that will calm her nerves." Fred says sarcastically.

Ada gulps and looks straight ahead as the doors open. They mount their brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator is announcing from a tower.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!" Lee announces Cheering. Close-up of Gryffindor students. They are cheering. "Gryffindor!"

The players take their positions in the air in a circle. Ada weaves in, highest amongst. She looks down.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."