sixteen

Ada is examining the diary while seated at a table in the Gryffindor Common Room. All the pages are blank. She looks at the back and sees a name printed there. "Tom Marvolo Riddle." Ada blinks for a second, knowing a certain Slytherin with the name Riddle.

Some people look over to Mattheo noticing that they have the same last name. The boy just shifts uncomfortably in his seat. "I know he's pretty but there's no need to stare at him." Ada snaps causing everyone to avert their eyes not wanting at annoy the girl further. Webbing her fingers with his, Mattheo sends his girl a grateful smile while she just rests her head on his shoulder.

Ada dips her quill in ink and lets a drop of it fall on the diary. The ink vanishes into the page. Ada then writes a message in the diary.
"Hello, My name is Ada Potter." The message fades out, and a new message fades in. "Hello, Ada Potter, my name is Tom Riddle." Ada sat there stunned. She writes a second message.

"Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?" She waits anxiously for a reply.

"Yes."

"Can you tell me?"

"No." Frustrated, Ada sighs and puts her quill aside. "But I can show you. Let me take you back fifty years ago." The diary flips to a page on which the text "13th June" appears. The pages then begin to glow, enveloping Ada and making her disappear into the diary.

Ada materializes in the Hogwarts Entrance Hall, which doesn't look any different than in the present. An older boy, Tom Riddle, is standing on the staircase. "What the fuck, Hello?" Riddle doesn't respond  "Are you Tom Riddle? Hello, can you hear me?" Ada and Tom watch as four wizards carry a student's dead body down the stairs.

People look sadly at the dead student, questioning who it may be.

"Riddle." Ada and Riddle turn to see a younger version of Dumbledore on the staircase."Professor Dumbledore." Tom says.

"It is not wise to be wandering around at this late hour, Tom."

"Yes Professor, I suppose I... I had to see for myself if the rumors were true."

"I'm afraid they are, Tom. They are true."

"About the school as well? I don't have a home to go to. They wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they, Professor?" Tom asks concerned, if he had to go back then he would be in the middle of the muggle war.

"I understand, Tom, but I'm afraid Headmaster Dippet may have no choice."

"Sir, if it all stopped... if the person responsible was caught..."

"Is there something you wish to tell me?" Riddle says nothing for a moment "No, sir. Nothing." Dumbledore gives him a look "Very well then. Off you go."

"Goodnight, sir."

Ada follows Tom down a Hogwarts corridor. Riddle reaches a door and, holding up his wand, enters. Inside the door is a younger version of Hagrid with a large box. Hagrid starts speaking into the box "Let's get you out of there."

"Evening, Hagrid." Hagrid slams the box shut as Riddle enters. "I'm going to have to turn you in, Hagrid. I don't think you meant it to kill anyone, but..."

People gasp, Hagrid lowers his head not wanting to watch or wanting to meet anyone's eye. He knows that he's innocent but he couldn't stand people looking at him with suspicion.

"You can't! You don't understand!" Hagrid protests.

"The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow. The least Hogwarts can do is make sure the thing that killed their daughter is slaughtered."