twenty-seven

"I'm sorry about your broom, Ada. There's no chance of fixing it?" Remus asks in a soft voice as the two walk around the black lake. Ada shakes her head in response to Lupin's question, then sets Hedwig free of her traces. As she sores into the sky, Ada and Lupin watch from the lake's edge. "Why do they affect me so, Remy? I mean, more than everyone else..."

Remus sighs wishing he could take away all her troubles "Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but their worst experiences. You're not weak, Ada. The Dementors affect you most, because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm scared." She says in a small voice, Remus' face softens and smiles lightly " I'd consider you a fool if you weren't."

"I need to learn how to fight them. You could teach me, Remus. You made that Dementor on the train go away." The brunette says with determination and a bit of hope. "There was only one that night." He tells her unsure if he should teach her the spell. "Please I want to protect myself, and you made the one on the train go away." She begs with her big sad eyes.

Remus sighs once more "I don't pretend to be an expert, Ada. But yes, I can teach you. Perhaps after the holiday. For now, though, I need to rest. I'm feeling... tired." Ada turns, studies Lupin's haggard face. A weary smile appears as Hedwig's reflection glides over Lupin's eyes.

Hogwarts castle, weeks later, dusted in white. Ada, framed in the window, stares out, looking forlorn. In refection, snow falls on the glass. A ragged line of students follows McGonagall toward the bridge. Footprints appear in the snow but no body, moving quickly to join the other students.

Suddenly, Fred and George appear, heading the opposite way and the footprints reverse themselves as if Fred and George were escorting an invisible person. "Clever, Ada." Fred says, "But not clever enough." George finishes as they continue to drag the invisible girl.

"Ah the stars of the show are back." George says with a smirk on his face earning an eye roll from the Weasley clan bar his twin who wore an identical expression.

"Besides, we've got a better way." The great doors open and Fred and George enter. The invisibility cloak drops and Ada is revealed, looking annoyed. Instantly, Fred slaps a worn roll of parchment into her hand. Ada unfurls it. Frowns. It's blank.

Sirius gives his husband an excited look looking to confirm his theory on what the parchment was. Remus nods with a smile causing Sirius to practically jump up and down with glee.

"What's this rubbish?" Ada says in confusion.

"Rubbish?! Moony she called my baby rubbish." Sirius gasps placing a hand on his heart. Ada and Remus just roll their eyes in annoyance. Fred and George look at each other knowing the word moony but not being able to place where from though it is fogging up their brains trying to remember. Ada laughs at their confused faces wondering when the penny will drop.

"Rubbish she says. That there's the secret to our success." Fred tells her.

"It's a wrench giving it to you, believe me."

"But we've decided your need's greater than ours. George, if you will... "

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." George touches his wand to the parchment and intricate ink lines surface in the fiber of the paper, spread like veins. Ada reads the curious words at the top: "Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present The Marauder's Map?"

"Ah... Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. We owe them so much."

Two gasps fill the hall, the twins look at each other then towards the two marauders sitting in the room. The ginger boys start sputtering trying to come up with something to say before they shot up and ran over to them. Sinking to their knees the two start bowing casing Ada to let out a loud laugh.

"You two are legends." Fred says still bowing "Kings" George says doing the same before they both say "Gods." Remus is bright red in embarrassment but Mr. ego himself smirks so big Ada thinks his mouth is about to fall off. "Now now my young padawans you may rise." Sirius announces feeling on top of the world right now.

"Oh bloody hell." Mattheo groans at Sirius ego boost rubbing his temples. Minnie looks officially done with the three knowing if she doesn't interfere now Sirius will probably create a cult with the twins as his right hand. "Boys go back to your seats." She sighs as they look at her with offence for disrupting their magical moment. The twins start arguing not wanting to leave when Minnie shouts. "Now!" Fred and George start scurrying back to their seat muttering "Yes mum."

"Hang on. This is Hogwarts! And that... No. Is that really..." Ada points to a small moving dot labeled 'Dumbledore.' Fred nods "Dumbledore."

"In his study."

"Pacing."

"Does that a lot."

"You mean, this map shows..."

"Everyone."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone."

"Where they are."

"What they're doing."

"Every minute."

"Of every day."

"Why the hell didn't you say anything when you saw a man sleeping in my bed for the past 3 years." Ron says causing everyone around him to give him an odd look bar the ones who know about scabbers. "Well young Ronniekins, who are we to judge your nightly activates." George tells him trying not to laugh. "Yeah Ron, we were just waiting for you to introduce your boyfriend to us." Fred says with a shit eating grin.

"I'm not gay!" Ron shouts with an exasperated look. "There's nothing wrong with being gay Ronald." Fred says before George continues "We were just waiting for you to come out in your own time."

"B-but I'm not gay, I like girls. I like Her..." Before exposing himself Ron cuts himself off. The twins laugh knowing about his crush on the Granger girl they just wanted him to slip up. Ada turns to her boyfriends and whispers. "They will get together in movies in seventh year." Mattheo shakes his head "Na it's gonna be sixth year."

"Wanna bet?" She says tilting her head. "Alright, winner gets 10 galleons." Mattheo says.

"Deal." Ada spits in her hand offering to shake on it. The Riddle boy gives her a disgusted look. "What the fuck are you doing?". Ada pouts looking quite disgusted herself "A spit swear." she says sheepishly, Mattheo shakes his head "I'm not doing that." Ada rolls her eyes "Ugh fine. It's just some bodily fluid, you'd think you would be use to that by now. " She mutters under her breath, even though her boyfriend heard every word causing his eyes to widen, before wiping her hand on her fathers trouser leg. "Pup what the fuck was that?" Sirius asks looking at his daughter as she squeaks out "Nothing."

"Brilliant! Where'd you get it?"

"Nicked it from Filch's office, of course, first year. Now listen. There's seven secret passageways out of the castle. But we'd recommend." Fred says pointing at the map "This one."

"The One-Eyed Witch on the third floor."

"The One-Eyed... "

"Witch, right. But you best hurry. Filch is heading this way." The two start walking away not wanting another detention. "Oh. And, Addy? When you're done, make sure to give it a tap and say, 'Mischief managed.' Otherwise, anyone can read it." Fred tells her as she looks intently at the map.

a/n: sorry its been a while and the chapter is short i've just had a lot going on at the moment but hopefully i can get back to writing because i miss it.

anywaysss thank you for all the votes i can't believe i'm on 3k votes thats mad. well i hope you've had a lovely summer holiday and hope school or whatever your doing is going well. have a lovely day/night <333