twenty-eight

Ada approaches a statue of a hump-backed, one-eyed witch. The brunette traces her finger along the tattered surface to an ink figure  labeled "Ada Potter." A tiny speech bubble appears: "Dissendium." 

"Dissendium?" She whispers with an unsure tone when she suddenly heard a click. The witch's eye opens and the statue pivots, revealing a dark opening in the floor. As Ada crouches, squinting, a cool draft of air ruffles her hair.

 A tiny light bobs in the distance, fracturing the darkness, then Ada appears, the tip of his wand glowing, map in hand. "Ada Potter" glides a cross the parchment. She stops, cranes her neck looking at the stone steps. Taping the map Ada mutters "Mischief managed."

"Oh pup I'm so proud, the first time you use the map is to sneak out." Sirius says wiping away a fake tear, the girl gives her father a mischievous smirk "I use it all the time." she tells him causing a wide smile to grace his face. 

Mattheo rolls his eyes fondly nudging her shoulder, "Yeah you use it to stalk people."  He tells her with a light chuckle. "Well yeah, I like to know who's secretly dating or something, It's funny to see a Slytherin with their secret Gryffindor girlfriend. Oh and don't get me started on the teachers that like to give each other a late night visit." Many peoples eyes widen after that sentence, looking over to their secret partner in a slight panic. Ada just smirks knowing that she just caused a massive panic.

Atrap door lifts. Ada's eyes appear. As she pulls herself up, a door bangs open. Dense chatter roars from above. Quickly, Ada hides, watching a man's boots descend the stairs.

A woman's voice calls out from above "A box of Jelly Slugs as well, Horace. We're nearly cleared out." Horace grunts, begins moving boxes. Ada looks up to the cellar door, takes out the invisibility cloak...The cellar door eases open -- but no one appears. Ada tracks through a sweet tooth's dream, swarming with customers. Up ahead, Neville prepares to lick the lollipop in his hand, when it simply floats from his fingers and out the door...

"Ada." Neville pouts remembering how confused he was when his lollipop floated away. "Ah sorry Nev I'll get you a new one." The girl apologizes with a sheepish look. Neville shakes his head "Addy it was 2 years ago, it doesn't matter now." 

"Nope, I pinky promise I will get you a new one." She smiles, Hermione then sings out "You'll forget." The Potter girl looks at her friend in offence. "I won't forget." She yells out as all her friends say "Yes you will." 

"Name one time I've forgotten something like that." 

"You broke my quill and promised to replace it." Hermione tells her in a smug tone while Ada rolls her eyes. "Moine it's a quill, you have like a billion." 

"The time you took my Queen record, you promised to give it back." Dean says.

"And I will as soon as I go back to my dorm."

"You promised to let us use the invisibility cloak for one of our pranks." The twins say. "And you can." Ada tells them, "When because it is our last year."

"Fine next week." Fred and George high five  with a wide grin.

Ron then says "And us baking in the middle of the night." 

"My jumper you stole." Mattheo adds just to make a point, he doesn't really care since she looks hot in his clothes. "Your jumpers are my jumpers, I don't care what you say."

"Okay what about the time you took the last chocolates and then promised you'd get me a new box." Remus tells her, Ada pouts. " Your supposed to be on my side." 

"What about the tim..." 

"Alright I get it, but I keep big promises, right?" Ada says a bit unsure of her self. All her friends nod knowing that she really does keep important promises just maybe not the small ones. "Plus I'm a busy girl, you know, with all the dodging death."