nineteen

Ada and Ron stand before Professor Dumbledore in his office, with Fawkes on his perch, and the sword and Sorting Hat resting on the desk. "You both realize, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken, perhaps, a dozen school rules."

"Yes, sir."

"And there is sufficient evidence to have you both expelled."

"Yes, sir."

"Therefore, it is only fitting..." Ada and Ron look up "that you both receive special awards for services to the school." Ada and Ron look at each other with smiles, then back at Dumbledore again. "Thanks, sir." Ron says.

"Only time i'll agree with the man." Mattheo says.

Professor Dumbledore smiles at them, then stands up while handing some papers to Ron "And now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we... we want our gatekeeper back." He then turns to Ada as Ron leaves the room "Ada... first, I want to thank you, Ada. You must've shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could've called Fawkes to you. And, second... I sense something is troubling you. Am I right, Ada?"

"I think Fawkes just likes me because I don't remember showing any loyalty." Ada whispers to Mattheo who chuckles and nods.

"You see, sir. I couldn't help but notice certain things... certain... certain similarities between... Tom Riddle and me."

"I see. Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Ada. Why? Because, Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken, Ada, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar."

"Voldemort transferred some of his powers... to me?"

That seemed to scare some people, cough cough the Gryffindors, thanking maybe Ada will turn out to be dark and turn against them.

"Uh-huh. Not intentionally. But yes."

Ada stays quite not knowing what to say as Dumbledore returns to his seat behind the desk "Do you know why the sorting hat placed you into Gryffindor?" Ada shrugs but on the inside all she was thinking about was her plan to trick the old man. Dumbledore sighs quietly not getting the response that he wants.

"You belong to Gryffindor which makes you different to Voldemort, even if you share some qualities. If you want proof why you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely" He picks up the sword "at this." Ada takes the sword by the blade with her left hand, and its hilt with her right "Be careful."

Ada examines the sword and sees the name Godric Gryffindor on the Basilisk venom-coated blade "Godric Gryffindor."

"Ah. It would take a true Gryffindor to pull that out of the hat." Ada looks at Dumbledore then towards the sorting hat who gives a sorta wink causing Ada to hide a smile.

The door to the office opens, Dumbledore glances past Ada, who turns around; Lucius Malfoy steps in to the office, standing behind him is Dobby. "Dobby! So this is your master. The family you serve is the Malfoys."Dobby nervously looks at Ada "Umm-hmum." He nods and fearfully glances up at Lucius.

Everyone glares at Lucius who is holding a scowl, how could he treat a house-elf with such disrespect.

Lucius talks through clenched teeth " I'll deal with you later." Dobby cowers and whimpers; Lucius pulls out his walking stick and walks toward Dumbledore's desk, followed by Dobby; as he walks up the steps, he coldly uses the stick to push Ada aside "Out of my way, Potter. So... it's true. You have returned."