nine

Nighttime. In the Gryffindor Common Room. The three friends come down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. They stop when they hear croaking. "Trevor." Ada exclaims spotting her friends toad.

"Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!"

Neville appears behind a chair "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

"Sorry guys i didn't know what you where doing." Neville apologises with a sheepish look. The trio just waves him off stating that it was fine.

"Now, Nev, listen. We were -" Ada starts to explain or come up with an excuse but is cut off by the boy. "No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." Neville holds out his fists.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this..." Hermione takes out her wand "Petrificus Totalus." Neville is frozen and falls backwards onto the ground. Hermione puts her wand back.

Everyone watched with wide eyes. They all thought Hermione was a goody goody. "I'm sorry Neville. I shouldn't of done that." The girl apologises, she always felt guilty of how she handled that situation.

"It's alright."

"Jesus Mione." Ada says with wide eyes. "You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary." Ron gulps.

"Let's go." The three walk by Neville "Sorry."

"Sorry."

"It's for your own good, you know."

The three are under the Invisibility cloak, sneaking along the corridor. "Ow! You stood on my foot!" Hermione whisper shouts to Ron "Sorry"

A flame lights. Hermione draws out her wand and points it at the door. Alohomora. The door opens and they go in.

"Wait a minute...he's...." a blow of air, and the cape flutters off them. "Sleeping."

The three could all hear a harp "The harp. It's been charmed so he can sleep." Ada states, she doesn't want to say if it's Snape or not, sure the man has been suspicious but so has Quirrell. Both of them are her top suspects.

"Detective Ada on the job." Fred calls out causing people to chuckle in amusement.

They approach the sleeping dog. "Uh. It's got horrible breath!" Ron cringed as fluffys breath hit them causing their hair to move.

"We have to move its paw."

"What?!"

"Come on!" They grab the paw, which is blocking the door. "Okay. Push!" They strain and move it. They open the door. "I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign." Fluffy's eyes open. "If something bad happens, get yourselves out...Does it seem a bit...quiet?"

There was a tense silents suffocating the hall. Everyone was worried for the trio, they were just kids.

"The harp. It stopped playing." Hermione panicked. Drool from one head comes down on Ron's shoulder. "Ew! Yuck! Ugh." All three kids look up and see Fluffy standing there. Fluffy barks and growls, thrashing. It breaks the harp and dives at the three.

"Jump! Go!" They all jump through the trapdoor.

"Ahh!" gasps as he lands on some mushy black ropelike vines. "Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really."

"Oh on." Neville mutters knowing what plant they landed on.

"Whoa!" The plant begins to move towards them. "Oh. Ahh!" The plant ties them up. Ron and Ada start wriggling around trying to get free.