Mattheo

As I wake up, I reach out towards the side of the bed Dani was laying on, only to find it empty. I sit up, and my eyes scan the room, searching for any signs of her. The morning sunlight filters through the curtains, casting a soft glow throughout the room. I lay back down, and I can smell her scent, a mix of floral shampoo and her favorite vanilla perfume, lingering in the air.

I sit up back up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, my mind racing on where she might be. I quickly get dressed, my fingers fumbling with the buttons in my haste. As I head towards the door, I notice a note on the nightstand. 

I couldn't sleep... I'll see you in class.

-Dani

 A wave of relief washes over me, but I can't help but feel a pang of disappointment that I won't get to see her before class begins.

With a sigh, I make my way to the Great Hall to grab some breakfast. The aroma of fresh baked goods fills the air, but my appetite is subdued by the lingering worry about Dani. I scan the hall, hoping to catch a glimpse of her familiar face, but she's nowhere to be seen. 

I try to shake off my unease as I make my way to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. It's a subject that Dani and I both enjoy, and we often sit together in the same row, sharing notes and exchanging comments during lectures. But as I enter the classroom, I see that her seat is empty. 

I take my usual spot and take out my textbook, but my focus is scattered. I can't help but glance around, looking for any sign of Dani. 

The memories of last night keep flooding my mind, and I can't seem to shake them off. The way she responded to my kiss, the warmth of her breath mingling with mine, the softness of her lips against mine - it was all so intense and electrifying.

And then, as I moved my lips down to her neck, and the way her fingers brushed through my hair, sending more electricity through my body. I couldn't resist but to deepen the kiss, and the passion between us continued to grow with each passing moment.

It's hard to describe the feelings that surged through me in that moment. There was an overwhelming sense of desire and longing, mixed with a deep sense of connection and intimacy. In that moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the world, and nothing else mattered. I felt like we were us again...

The way our bodies just longed for each other... She is like ecstasy to me, and I can't get enough of her... There is just something about her that always draws me in... The experience of being with her makes me feel as though I am capable of experiencing happiness.

Now, as I replay those moments over and over in my mind, I can't help but wonder what it all meant. Was it just a momentary spark of passion, or was there something deeper there? Does she still love me...? Or was last night something that won't ever happen again..? 

God... why did I let her go? I never cared about what anyone thought of us, I just wanted her. Letting her go was the biggest mistake of my life. And I am scared that I have lost her for good...

"Mr. Riddle." 

As I immerse myself in my own thoughts, I suddenly feel a pair of eyes on me. Looking up, I find the new Professor staring directly at me. His unwavering gaze seems to penetrate my mind, making me feel a tad uncomfortable.

With a stern tone, he utters the words, "Pay attention." The sharpness of his voice brings me back to the present moment, and I realize that I have been lost in thought for far too long.

I straighten up and shift my focus to the lecture. As the Professor continues to speak, I make a conscious effort to stay alert and engaged, but something catches the corner of my eye. I look over to the seat next to me and see Dani is now sitting there.

How long was I in thought for..? 

As I steal a glance at her, I notice that her hair is down today, cascading in thick waves that block half of her face from my view. She can sense the awareness of my gaze and she turns her head slightly to meet my eyes. It is then that I notice the darkness around her eyes, giving her a hauntingly beautiful look. Her lips are still puffy from our activities last night, and I can't help but feel a sense of pride mixed with desire.

However, my attention is quickly diverted to the rest of her appearance. Her skin, usually warm and glowing, appears more pale than usual, making her look fragile and delicate. The exhaustion etched on her face is all too apparent, and I can't help but feel concerned. It's almost as if she hasn't slept in days... I know she hasn't been getting too much sleep, but today it looks like it all caught up to her.

Despite her tiredness, she remains captivating, a constant source of fascination and intrigue for me. She is very good at handling things on her own, but it wears her down. Being with her for so long has taught me that. I know her like the back of my hand, and I know that she won't let us help her. 

Dani always goes out of her way to help those around her. Her selflessness knows no bounds, as she constantly puts the needs and wants of others before her own. She would die for the ones she loved without giving it a second thought. Unfortunately, Dani has a tendency to neglect her own well-being and overlook her own needs.

Despite her admirable desire to aid others, she often forgets to take care of herself and fails to recognize when she requires help. In fact, she is so independent that she would never consider asking for assistance from anyone else. She was like this throughout our whole relationship as well. 

The minutes drag on, and I can't shake off the nagging feeling that something isn't right with Dani. That there is something more that she isn't telling me...

"The killing curse." Professor Moody's voice cuts through the air, and I feel a chill run down my spine. I snap my eyes up from my notes, instantly alert. The room falls silent as everyone's attention turns towards Dani and Harry.

"Only two people are known to have survived it," Moody continues, his magical eye scanning the room, the other focused on Dani. "And they're sitting in this room."

My heart drops as I look over at Dani. Her usually composed expression falters, and I can see her fingers beginning to tremble. She grips the edge of her desk tightly, her knuckles turning white.

I reach out a hand to touch her arm, offering comfort, but before I can say anything, Dani abruptly gets up from her seat, leaving her belongings behind, and rushes out of the room. The door slams shut behind her, and I look over at Harry, who's jaw is clenched and is watching the Professor.

Professor Moody's words hang in the air, casting a heavy weight over the room. The killing curse, a dark and unforgivable spell used by my father to kill their parents, leaving them orphans. He must know that I am Voldemort's son just by my last name. 

Perhaps he was attempting to see my reaction or test my loyalty to my family's beliefs. Or he intended to use this topic as a means of intimidation or manipulation?

I meet his gaze once more and notice a change in his demeanor as he looks down at me. There's something unsettling about his expression, but I decide to keep my concerns to myself. 

Finally, the class ends, and I quickly gather my belongings and Dani's, and rush out of the classroom. I head towards the library, hoping to find Dani there, but she's not among the familiar study spots we usually frequent. My heart sinks, and I feel a knot forming in my stomach. I decide to retrace my steps, making my way back to our dormitory, hoping to find some clues.

As I make my way down the hallway, I hear someone yell for help. It's a voice that sounds familiar.... Draco.

Without a second thought, I break into a jog and rush towards the source of the commotion.

As I arrive at the Herbology classroom, my heart skip a beat. Draco is on the ground, his face marked with concern, and he's holding an unconscious Dani in his arms. She is even more pale than when I saw her in class just a few minutes ago. Panic courses through me as I take in the gravity of the situation.

My mind races with questions, trying to make sense of the scene before me. What happened to Dani? Is she hurt? Is she breathing? I can feel the anger and fear building up inside of me as I take in the seriousness of the situation, my body frozen at the entrance of the doorway.

"What happened?"