Dani

Are you sure I look alright?" Hermione's voice trembles with uncertainty as she gazes into the mirror, delicately adjusting the folds of her beautiful pink dress, adorned with an enchanting ombre of light to dark pink hues within its ruffles.

Responding to her question, I offer a reassuring smile and step closer, positioning myself behind her. My hands gently clasp hers, causing her to cease her fidgeting. Sensing her nervousness, particularly because her date for the evening is Draco, I rest my chin on her shoulder, providing a comforting presence. "You look absolutely stunning, Mione. I'm certain Draco will be captivated by your appearance."

Hermione's eyes instantly meet mine in the mirror, filled with determination. "I don't care what Draco thinks."

Straightening my posture, I turn her around to face me, meeting her gaze directly. "You know, it's perfectly alright to feel nervous. And it's also okay to have feelings for him."

Hermione shakes her head emphatically. "No. No way. I can't like him." She lets out a sigh of frustration and slumps onto my bed. "I can't..."

Sitting down beside her, I try to understand her perspective. "Why not?"

She turns her head, directing her gaze towards me. "Because... he's Malfoy, and he's in Slytherin, and I'm-"

Interrupting her train of thought, I interject with a slightly defensive tone. "Just because he belongs to Slytherin doesn't define him, Hermione."

"No, that's not what I meant. I just... I just don't..."

"Hermione," I say softly, grasping her hand in mine, "He's not a bad person. Draco may project a different image to others, but that's partly because you and the rest of the houses have perpetuated stereotypes about Slytherins. There's this misconception that we are all rude and heartless, so some of us conform to that expectation. However, the truth is that we are all misunderstood. Of course, there are Slytherins who live up to those negative perceptions, but many of us don't." 

I let out a sigh, continuing, "Draco is not a bad guy once you get to know him. He's actually incredibly sweet and kind, and he would treat you with the utmost respect. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that he would shower the right person with all his love."

Curiosity gleams in Hermione's eyes as she probes further. "But didn't you date him?"

Nodding, I acknowledge her inquiry. "Well, it wasn't an official relationship, but we did share something, yes."

Her voice tinged with intrigue, Hermione presses on. "What happened?"

"Draco has always been my best friend. I loved him then, and I still do now, but not in the way he wanted me to. I don't regret any of our time together, because I cherished the bond we had... but Mattheo is my forever, Hermione. He is my always. Draco isn't my other half, not like Mattheo is."

Hermione's eyes flickered with uncertainty as she nodded, her gaze momentarily drifting down to the delicate folds of her dress. "Do you truly believe he will like it?" she asked, lifting her gaze, searching for reassurance in my eyes.

A warm smile spread across my face, radiating genuine confidence. "Without a doubt," I replied, my voice filled with conviction. "He will be utterly surprised by your beauty, Hermione. You are simply breathtaking."

Feeling a surge of anticipation, I rose from my seat and extended my hand towards her, a silent invitation to embark on a memorable evening together. "Come, let us not keep the enchantment waiting. We have a dance to attend."

A luminous smile illuminated Hermione's features, reflecting her growing excitement and trust. She gracefully placed her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers with a gentle squeeze, as we shared an unspoken understanding.