Dani

"Look at you playing matchmaker," I remark with a grin as I gently close the door behind me.

Mattheo turns around, tilting his head to the side, a mischievous smile dancing on his lips. "Well, what can I say? I seem to have a talent for matchmaking," he replies, walking over to the edge of his bed and taking a seat.

"Oh, really?" I tease, strolling toward him and crawling onto his lap. He instinctively wraps his arms around my waist, drawing me closer, while I encircle his neck with my arms. "So, is that why you were so insistent on being with me? Purely instinctual?"

Looking up at me, he smiles tenderly. "Yes, exactly. From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew deep down that I would marry you someday."

"Since the day we met, huh? And what if I say no to your proposal?" I playfully inquire.

He shakes his head, his expression filled with a mixture of amusement and vulnerability. "Don't break my heart, Potter," Mattheo begs, reaching up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "There was just something about you that made me fall head over heels in love with you right from the start."

I let out a soft laugh, my hands gently threading through his hair. "You truly are a hopeless romantic, and I absolutely adore it." 

Bending down, I press my lips against his tenderly, savoring the moment. "Do you truly believe that Draco and Hermione will evolve into something deeper?" I ask, my voice tinged with curiosity.

Mattheo affirms with a nod, his eyes filled with certainty. "I think those two have a lot more in common than they both realize."

Agreeing with his observation, I tilt my head and let my thoughts wander, picturing Draco and Hermione as a couple. A kaleidoscope of possibilities unfolds in my mind's eye. It could be a filled with bliss and enchantment. Or... it might lead to a catastrophe of emotions, a collision of contrasting personalities.

Hermione

"So what? Do you have feelings for Malfoy?" Ron's voice whispered into my ear, his tone laced with curiosity and a hint of concern. Leaning in close, he ensured our conversation remained discreet, shielded from prying ears. The incessant questioning had been weighing on me ever since Riddle had casually mentioned Malfoy's name in the bustling Great Hall. 

Admittedly, I couldn't deny that Malfoy possessed a certain allure. Standing tall with a lean physique and a chiseled jawline, his piercing ice-blue eyes were difficult to resist. I found myself unintentionally captivated by their gaze, and it troubled me. Did I have feelings for him..? No. I quickly dismissed the idea. It was possible to find someone attractive without developing deeper emotions, right?

Exhaling a weary sigh, I pushed aside those thoughts and redirected my attention to Ron, who remained just inches from my face. "For Merlin's sake, Ron," I retorted, my voice tinged with exasperation. "No, we're simply going to the Yule Ball as friends."

Ron's eyes widened, incredulous. "Now the two of you are friends?"

Shaking my head in disbelief, I snapped back at him, my frustration evident. "What's wrong with you, Ron? Seriously? You're acting like a jealous boyfriend, and we're not even together. So, what's your problem?"

Ron's eyes widened further, his gaze fixed on me. In a fleeting moment, he glanced upward, his jaw visibly tensing. "Well, your new friend just walked in."

I followed Ron's line of sight, turning my head slightly to catch sight of Draco entering the room. As our eyes connected, he paused in his tracks, an unspoken tension crackling between us.