Enzo

❗️TW: Mentions of Death❗️

As I walked down the staircase from my room, the hushed whispers and dim lighting of the Slytherin common room surrounded me. Casting a quick glance around, my eyes fell on Pansy sitting on one of the couches. 

"Hey, Pans. Any idea where Dani and Mattheo have disappeared to?"

She looked up at me, "Believe me, you don't want to know."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Oh, really? That didn't take them long, did it?" 

Pansy shook her head, her lips curling into a knowing smile. "Not at all."

I nodded in agreement, "Fair enough. So, Pansy, who are you going with to the Yule Ball?

Pansy's eyes flickered momentarily, a hint of hesitation dancing within them. "I'm going with Theo," she finally divulged, her tone guarded. "Why do you ask?"

"Well... originally, I had planned to take Dani to the event because she specifically asked me to be her companion," I explained, pausing for a moment to gather my thoughts. "However, considering that she and Mattheo have gotten back together, I assume they would naturally go together."

Turning my attention to Pansy, I continued, "I wanted to ensure that you wouldn't be left without a partner, so I thought of asking Luna instead."

Pansy's eyes sparkled with appreciation as she exclaimed, "Awww, E! That is incredibly thoughtful of you. I'm certain Luna would be thrilled to go with you."

A smile illuminated my face as I responded, "Thank you, Pansy. Would you mind letting Dani know? I mean, if you happen to come across her in the near future."

Pansy scoffed slightly. "Yes, if I can. If her and Mattheo ever decide to come out of her room."

I smile and stand up, "Well then, I'll see you later Pansy."

With a confirming nod, Pansy replied, "See you later, E."

Exiting the Slytherin common room, I strolled through the corridors of Hogwarts, making my way toward the castle's outskirts and the edge of the Forbidden Forest. It was a familiar routine for me to seek out Luna with the enchanting creatures that often captured her attention outside.

As I ventured closer to the forest's entrance, the ambiance subtly transformed. The air became tinged with a sense of mystery and wonder, resonating with the secrets hidden within the woods. With each step, the distant sounds of rustling leaves and ethereal whispers grew more distinct.

I found myself standing at the edge of the forest. Its towering trees reached out like ancient sentinels, their branches forming a natural canopy that filtered the sunlight, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor.

It didn't take me long before I spotted Luna petting one of the baby thestrals. I stopped to admire her for a moment, smiling at the way she interacts with the creature. Her silver-blonde hair cascaded like a shimmering waterfall down her shoulders. She exuded an aura of tranquility and harmony, as if she were a natural extension of the forest surrounding her.

I stood there, transfixed in silence, observing Luna's gentle interaction with the baby thestral. She remained oblivious to my presence, lost in her own world of enchantment.

"You don't have to simply stand there, Enzo. He poses no harm," Luna spoke, breaking the silence. She turned her head to meet my gaze, her eyes beaming with a warm smile.

"How did you sense that I was here?" I asked as I cautiously approached Luna and the mystical creature.

"I possess a keen sense of hearing, nothing magical about it," Luna chuckled, her laughter carrying an air of whimsy. "Here," she said, rummaging through her bag. Retrieving a piece of meat, she extended it towards me, urging me to offer it to the baby thestral. Meanwhile, she carefully selected another piece for the mother thestral, who patiently stood a few feet away from us.