Mattheo

"What's wrong, Mattheo?" Pansy's voice was filled with concern as she addressed me, her eyes reflecting worry.

As I held my throbbing head, a sense of unease washed over me. The burning sensation beneath my palm intensified, adding to my growing discomfort. Shaking my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts,"There's something off... Something's not right."

Viktor Krum had returned to us around thirty minutes ago, yet Dani and the others were still missing. The lingering absence gnawed at my nerves, fueling my growing distress. Enzo, sensing my distress, knelt down in front of me, his face etched with concern. He leaned in, his voice filled with urgency, "What is it, Mattheo? What's happening?"

I tried to gather my thoughts, my mind racing to make sense of the turmoil within me. "I-I don't know," I stammered, my voice trembling. "But I can feel it... Something's happening to Dani." 

After a couple of minutes, the excruciating pain that had gripped her suddenly vanished, leaving behind a lingering sense of unease. It was clear to me that something was seriously wrong. I could sense it, not just metaphorically, but quite literally. It was a closely guarded secret of mine, known to no one else: whenever she experienced a substantial amount of pain, I inexplicably shared in its effects in a minor portion.

Throughout my youth, an underlying sensation of mild discomfort resided within my muscles, yet I dismissed it as an ordinary occurrence. Little did I realize that I was feeling what she felt. As Dani was forcefully hurled by the dragon during the first round, crashing onto a rugged boulder, her ribs were bruising. Simultaneously, a sharp ache surged through my own ribcage, and that's when I made the connection that I somehow feel her pain so long as it is substantial.

The inexplicable connection between Dani's physical trauma and the sudden manifestation of sharp pain within my own body seemed to imply an invisible bond, an ethereal tether that bound us together. It was as if the very fibers of our beings were interwoven, causing a ripple effect of sensations across our shared connection.

I look at the maze and whisper softly in my head, hoping it reaches Dani, wherever she is, "Please come back to me..."

Dani

My head throbbed relentlessly, engulfed in an infernal blaze that tormented me for what felt like an eternity. The excruciating agony caused by the merciless Cruciatus Curse tore through every fiber of my being, forcing guttural screams of indescribable torment to erupt from my lips. The intensity of my suffering left my throat raw, as if scraped by the claws of a thousand vengeful spirits.

Minutes ticked by agonizingly slow as I remained trapped in this nightmarish ordeal, my body writhing and convulsing uncontrollably. But then, as suddenly as it had started, the searing pain released its merciless grip on my skull. Relief washed over me, mingling with the remnants of my anguish.

Yet, as the pain receded, an ominous darkness descended upon my senses, engulfing me like an impenetrable shroud. My surroundings faded into an abyss, leaving me disoriented and robbed of any visual perception. Panic surged within me, entwining with the remnants of physical torment.

As the world around me ground to a sudden halt, a deafening silence enveloped the air. Time seemed to freeze, leaving me suspended in a void of stillness. Amidst the eerie calmness, the only sound that echoed through my consciousness before surrendering to unconsciousness was a desperate plea, reverberating within me like a haunting melody.

"Please come back to me..."

Harry