Chapter 2

A.N.
Make note brackets like these [  ] are to sign language or signing equal to quotation marks "  " are to talking!! In future chapters I won't always put Serena signed after the brackets!

As I drive down the road I think about how long and busy the week has been. Ever since Louis started earning bigger sponsors and moved on to a new trainer at a new gym he has only been rising in the standings; winning bigger titles. And it’s only had good results for Chief Kenneth’s Gym. I am excited to go see him fight tonight. Scout and the girls are all going too. It should be a fun night out and getting to see Louis fight is always entertaining. I miss having him around to look at and talk to.

I shake my head, I don’t need to be day dreaming about some old crush. I probably wouldn’t even get the chance to talk to Louis. I had finished all his work early and spent most of the afternoon waiting for the time to tick by behind the front desk. The gym was pretty quiet today, especially for a Saturday. It probably had to do with the fight tonight being local.

Most of the day was boring and unproductive but it was finally done. Now I am finally on my way to the fight. When I get there I meet everyone at the gate.

“Wow, lookin’ good tonight.” Blair teases me as I walk up to our small group.

“Thanks, but damn you planning to start some of your own fights with that dress.” I tease her as she shimmies in her short skin tight dress and heels.

“Not if they all think I’m with you!” Blair smirks as she links arms with me.

Scout just rolls his eyes as Serena laughs at their two best friends. My eyes go wide in fake shock.

“Then we will have all eyes on us in envy.”

[behave!] Serena signs.

The small group finds our seats and the girls sit down. Scout and I stand, looking around, waving or nodding when we recognize someone. Scout is tense the whole time. I know he hates having Serena here. She isn’t a big fan of the fighting scene either but they both are here to support Louis. Usually, Scout and I come to these kinds of things alone. Blair however wouldn’t miss the chance to be surrounded by so many attractive and physically fit men, and I can’t blame her.

The music fades and the announcer brings everyone’s attention to the ring. It was just an amateur fight to start off the night. I look around and probably a fourth of the seats are still empty. It always surprises me how many people pay to just come at the last minute to watch the final fight. I take my seat as the fight starts. It was a good fight. I have to admit one had better footwork than the other but the other guy was quicker and had a little more skill behind his hits.

After the fights are done all of us go back to find Louis and congratulate him. I have mix emotions as we approach Louis. He looked amazing and he had one hell of a fight. But like with a lot of crushes in my life Louis is as straight as can be, leaving me with zero chance.

“Well, damn! You guys came.” Louis cries out when he sees us.

We give him a side hug and congratulate him. The girls just wave since he was still covered in sweat and probably a bit of blood from the fight.

“I miss you guys at the gym.”

“And miss out on all of this. I don’t think so.” I gesture to the crowd of fans.

“Hey there’s a party after this. You all should come. I’ll send you the name of the bar. I have to go now but I hope to see you later and catch up.” Louis calls out before being ushered off by his new trainers.

“Please tell me you are taking me to that party.” Blair smirks at me.

“Wouldn’t dream of missing it.” I laughed. “What about you two?”

[I think I’ve had enough excitement for the evening.] Serena signs.

“You heard the little lady. It’s a no for us.”

Scout looks down at Serena.

“No, I’m ready to go home.” Scout replies to her.

I just roll my eyes. I know they are having their own silent conversation. I hate when they leave me out of things. I still have a hard time believing Scout can somehow hear what Serena is thinking. Even though I see the proof of it on a daily basis.

“I guess it’s just you and me B.” I smile down at her.

I am happy to find Blair had rode to the fight with Serena and Scout, so we don’t have to worry about two cars when we leave the bar. Finding the bar was no problem, it was a place we were familiar with. I shake my head and laugh to myself as I watch the bouncer and half the line checking Blair out. I am confident her lack of clothing got us inside faster than usual. I know I will have to stay close to her tonight. In the beginning I thought she would be a great wingman at the bars. That didn’t seem to be the case. We make our way to the VIP section.

“You made it!” Louis shouts out over the music.

The sight of him makes my heart race. He was everything I ever wanted. He was gorgeous, funny, kind, and one hell of a fighter.

“Come on, I'll introduce you to a few people.”

Blair and I follow, weaving through the growing crowd.

“Warren, this is Kia, my new trainer.”

We shake hands before moving on to a few other people.

“That is Adam, aka the Beast. The winner of the first fight tonight.” Louis points at a guy sitting on a couch in the back.

I look at him and nod before suddenly recognizing him from the gym.

“Yes! I’ve seen him at the gym.”

“Good, he took my advice.”

“Louis!” A woman wraps her arms around him, ending their conversation.

“And this gorgeous woman is Kate, my fiance.” Louis smiles wide as he looks down at her lovingly.

I feel like I am being pulled backwards through a tunnel. I don’t know what to say. Blair gently pulls on my arm.

“Ok, I’ve waited long enough, let's go dance!” Blair cries out over the music.

I allow Blair to drag me to the dance floor. She knew about my crush on Louis and I am very thankful for her presence at this moment. I let the music and her body pull me out of my haze. About a couple more songs and a few shots I am back to my usual fun loving self. Blair seems to make the night about making me feel better rather than finding a new guy. We stay away from the VIP section the rest of the night. When the night ends Blair gets us a taxi to take us home.